Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face customizations not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So frustrating, I love so many of the new faces, but their customizations are not working.  This list sadly includes, but is not limited to:

Timebomb, LCD Clock, Simple Corners, Clear Beam, Isotime, Highlight, Clean & Smart, and Unicorse.   Even Pies and Bars does not change the date format. 

I guess I'll stick with those that work and adjust settings great, like pWeather, Cobblestyle,  and Nothing Special.  Metro Clock works great, but does not have days in English. 

I can't imagine I am doing something g wrong since it works correctly on so many. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This was posted in another thread about a broken customization, and explains the need to for some faces to require that master reset. 

Posted by Uncles-a-m

Hi!

A new version is published in the app gallery. The Problem with the customization is, that the companion is not working sometimes. According to a chat on a discord-server, there are many developers having this issue with their apps and watchfaces.

Sometimes, it helps to restart the fitbit-app on the mobile device and to sync with the ionic before entering the seetings of the watchface. 

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the watchface or somewhere else, but I will go on trying to solve the issue.

However, there was a bug in the watchface, which made the ionic lose the settings after restarting the watchface. This is fixed now, so, please update to the new version (1.2).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Yep, bugs to be found, for sure, but that’s when reaching out to the dev might help. The one time I’ve contacted a dev about a face he replied by return and an update was in the store a few days later.

Best Answer

@racertempo

Simple Corners, Clear Beam, Isotime, Highlighlight and Unicorse worked fine for me.

Timebomb and LCD did not. Probably I didn't sync or wait ling enough before changing, considering the others worked fine after sync. 

20171217_104338.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

With Clean and Smart, the weather updated fine, the separation didn't change to dots.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stand corrected - LCD Clock updated after I exited and reentered the fitbit app, and then attempted to change the color. After that, I could change it at will. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exiting and reentering is a work around, as they should update right away, like all Fitbit faces and Nothing Special.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like a First World Problem. Perhaps you can did a better job writing an app and show them how it's "supposed to be."

I just report facts... they update for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@racertempo

Unicorse worked fine for me.

Timebomb and LCD did not. Probably I didn't sync or wait ling enough before changing, considering the others worked fine after sync. 

20171217_104338.jpg

Synced, closed the app, reopened the app, synced again.... And Unicorse still will not change colors for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Sounds like a First World Problem. Perhaps you can did a better job writing an app and show them how it's "supposed to be."

I just report facts... they update for me. 

Me too.... They did not work for me.  Clearly the Fitbit designed faces update correctly.... Any other that don't update that simply have problems.  I just report facts too. 

Best Answer

I reverted to Quadrants (our has a ton of settings that all updated), then reinstalled, and it still got this one to update. Not sure what's up on your end. 

20171217_113012.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shame, Unicorse is my favorite but not in all white.  I changed to Nothing Special and changes happen while the fave is up, without doing a resync, or exit and reentry to the app, same with pWeather and the C or F selection. 

No matter what I do Unicorse won't change, neither will LCD with all those other things done.  

Oddly, when I go I to setting the color I chose last is still in thereas the selection,  but the face does not update. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the replies..... I finally just did a reset on my ionic and now Unicorse updates right away just like Nothing Special.  Weird that NS worked before the reset, just glad it is working now, maybe others will as well.

Sadly, just tried LCD and no luck there... Even with another master reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

..... I finally just did a reset on my ionic and now Unicorse updates right away... 

Ah, the age old "try a reset if it doesn't work" trick, beloved by tech users the world over Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, but the reset did not fix LCD, even with a new reset.  Then I switched to Simple Corners and it did not work...... But after yet another master reset Simple Corners finally worked.  But worse, I went back to Unicorse and it would not adjust once again.  Yet another reset and Unicorse worked. 

Resets for every face, every single time,  seems like something is not right, given that so many work without the reset needed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had to go through that goat rope to get them to update. At worst, i just had to exit the app, restart it, then go change the settings.

Sure, some of them changed without doing all that, but most required some extra step. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I never had to go through that goat rope to get them to update. At worst, i just had to exit the app, restart it, then go change the settings.

Sure, some of them changed without doing all that, but most required some extra step. 

Thanks Zen.... Sadly for me anytime I change from Unicorse.... It won't work when I go back unless I do a reset and a sync.  Seems odd and maybe connection related. Probably best to stay with my pWeather and Nothing Special. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Timebomb must have a bug...... I got the colors to change after a master reset, but every time I click my shortcut button for the weather the clock face goes back to the default. 

When going into the app settings it shows the color I had, even though it went Grey.  I change does work, back to any color I choose, but how can that be anything bit a bug? 

BTW.... This did not change settings on any other faces i tried, just Timebomb. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was posted in another thread about a broken customization, and explains the need to for some faces to require that master reset. 

Posted by Uncles-a-m

Hi!

A new version is published in the app gallery. The Problem with the customization is, that the companion is not working sometimes. According to a chat on a discord-server, there are many developers having this issue with their apps and watchfaces.

Sometimes, it helps to restart the fitbit-app on the mobile device and to sync with the ionic before entering the seetings of the watchface. 

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the watchface or somewhere else, but I will go on trying to solve the issue.

However, there was a bug in the watchface, which made the ionic lose the settings after restarting the watchface. This is fixed now, so, please update to the new version (1.2).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine aren' woring either 

Best Answer

I too was very frustrated by this and tried many things with no success.  Then I just happened to try with a tablet rather than my phone, running an older android version.. as a result suddenly all the settings I changed went right through!  My phone was android 8.1.0 and I think the tablet may have been 6. 

Hope this helps others!

Best Answer
0 Votes