Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face purchased from Lignite

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

Merry Xmas and all that stuff. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Silly question. I purchased a clock face through Lignite and 24 hours later it is telling me to either pay for the app or delete it as it had a 24 hour 'test' period.

I paid for the app via PayPal and for the life of me, cannot find where to enter the code given me by Lignite, to activate the Clock Face.

I only received this for Xmas, so my knowledge if this Ionic is lacking. At the moment, I can hardly read the time, as Lignite is telling me that the app trial period has expired and to attend to it. 

I paid for it, received their code, however have absolutely no idea where to enter the code. I can find no headings or info about "Clock Face" I remember seeing it yesterday when I was browsing the different faces, but it seems to have disappeared.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I ranting like a crazy idiot???

I certainly feel like one, trying to navigate this bloody watch!!!

Thanks all.

Scott001

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thanks so much, Carol.

I have tried to communicate with them using that email, but absolute waste
of time.

I just wish vendors still provided customer service.

Thanks again.

Scott.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Scott001. And Happy Everything to you, too! I looked at some of the lignite clock faces and found an email address that will allow you to contact the developer directly. It is: fitbit@Lignite.io

Hopefully they can help you. 

Best Answer
Thanks so much, Carol.

I have tried to communicate with them using that email, but absolute waste
of time.

I just wish vendors still provided customer service.

Thanks again.

Scott.
Best Answer

Hey Scott (and anyone else reading this thread),

Thank you for your purchase and sorry for the troubles.

Please check out the guide we've set up on our site for how to enter your access code: www.Lignite.io/#faq

As for the email issue Scott, we never got an email from you on December 27th, which is the day you claimed to have emailed us. We cannot provide customer service unless you reach out to us first.

We did get an email from you on December 28th at 21:58 EST, which we replied to just over fourteen hours later (December 29th at 12:13 EST). 

Many services don't even provide support over the holidays, so I believe our response time was reasonable. We reply to every single email we get, we never ignore anyone. We even check our spam folders daily (you were not in it). 

We do not actively check the Fitbit forums for customer issues, because we cannot get notifications from the forums just for Lignite related postings (even though we wish we could). We also do not have the time to constantly scour the forums ourselves, worrying whether or not someone has posted here instead of sending us an email.

For future issues and for any other Ligniters reading this, please send us an email at fitbit (at) lignite (dot) io. You can also reach me directly at edwin (at) lignite (dot) io.

Thank you.

Best Answer
Thank you.

Scott
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a bundle almost a year ago.   One day the clock asked me to enter a code. At that time I didn't remember my code from my initial purchase and I was able to email and get the code and instructions.  Problem is, after "step 4" of the process under settings, it will not prompt me for a code. Then I get an error message... if it's been longer than 15 seconds click here.  After doing so, it takes me back to the instructions on entering the code, which i cannot do, because there isn't a step 5 that appears on my phone.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting, @Chellezbellz

@EdwinFinch - Can you please help her out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely, if she sends us an email at edwin (at) lignite [dot] io, we can look up her account and help her directly 🙂

Thanks Carol!

Best Answer

@Chellezbellz , did you see this? Hopefully Edwin can help you. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, and @EdwinFinch. Welcome to the Forums @Scott001 and @Chellezbellz.

Glad to see you both helping other user @SunsetRunner and @EdwinFinch. It's always great to see other users being around to assist others.

I will be moving this thread the Fitbit App Gallery board as I think it is better suited for it.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue after setting my versa back to a factory default and setting back up this morning. Did you get yours fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No you are not crazy, I can't get pass the 24 hour watch face. I paid for all clock faces and I don't even have one. I can't uninstall it either. I wish I haven't bought this I believe it is a scam. To many people are having the same trouble. If it was ligit it wouldn't be so hard to install. I would say do Not Buy.

Best Answer

Hi there, hopefully, ok to piggyback off this thread? I Have recently reset my Versa, but when doing so and trying to update my clock face I have through lignite, it's saying to enter my code which I have done and the one I received on purchasing lifetime package. Something is not working correctly and when I enter the email address that I purchased it through says the email is not valid. Definitely, the same email address and I still have the initial receipts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mfawcett - I am tagging the co-founder of Ignite, @EdwinFinch . Hopefully he will respond and help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Ionic "lost" the Lignite key and I found the same thing with the email address, but I found that the Lignite website recognised my PayPal email address that I used to pay for it.

Unfortunately, this gave me the licence key/code I already had from my initial purchase and re-entering it in the Fitbit app does not unlock it. I'm therefore back using a standard Fitbit clock and not the one I've been using for the last couple of years :'(

@EdwinFinch - any idea why my old licence key will not work?

Thanks,

Gareth

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, just an update regarding the Ignite clock faces. @EdwinFinch has not responded to this thread yet. (He is the co-founder of Ignite.)  I sent him a PM this morning and invite you to do the same regarding your issues. Simply tap his name in this post, then tap the Send a Message button. Please let us know if you get a response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread just went silent since January.

I was interested in buying the "Bundle" from Lignite. Are they still going?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't bother - still no reply from @EdwinFinch 😞 I've moved on...

Best Answer