Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clockface updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are clock face updates not displayed in the app?

Is that a feature that we have and I have just missed or do we need that. As a developer, I feel that we need a changeling system, as the current system is woefully underpowered, but more importantly we need a system that lets users know that the clock face that they are using has an update available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

There are also no creation date or other possibility to filter.

Not user friendly programming. 🙂

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlyBoyJIt I hope you're doing well! I moved this thread to the Fitbit App Gallery Board as there are more chances to receive an answer to your inquiry here. 

Thanks for posting this question regarding the updates for apps. Currently, when an update is available, your watch should update them automatically over Wi-Fi. Your watch searches for updates when plugged into the charger and in range of your Wi-Fi network. 

Also, I think your idea about having a notification when an update is available is great. I'd recommend posting this on the Feature Suggestions Board. That way users can vote for it and support it.

@Mark2018 I hope you're doing well too! Thanks for sharing your ideas to improve the Fitbit App Gallery.

I'd recommend voting for this idea:

This is the best way to support the ideas we would like to have for Fitbit in the future. If you would like to share any other original ideas; please feel free to post them along.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. The issue I have is that I have set my ionic up with my home wifi, but I don't know how often or even if it connects to it as needed. I sync my tracker multiple times a day, as many times as I open the app in fact (which is quite often).

Good to know that it auto updates (which is even better) so maybe we need 2 notifications. 1 that says that an update is available, and another that tells you if and when the watch has auto updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlyBoyJIt Thanks for your reply! You are welcome. If you are syncing successfully that many times a day, means that Wi-Fi is connecting properly to it. Otherwise, the sync wouldn't finish. That is a good sign.

Yes, they update automatically, just take into consideration they will update only when your watch is connected to its charging cable and in Wi-Fi range. 

I agree having notifications whenever this happens would be helpful. Please post your idea on the Feature Suggestions Board posted above and let me know so I can cast a vote for it too!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes