Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Clock Faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first Fitbit. When I go to customize the clockface, I can change the color theme but not the stats. I am check marking the ones I want but the ones I don't want still show. Am I doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding that you can customize that?

Edit: I cleaned up the post a little.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I'm finding a lot of little changes like this (things you tweak in the app) are not sync'ing across to the Ionic.

Just hang in there, hopefully one of the Fitbit mods can help you out, but - yeah, not surprised at all, and its pretty much guaranteed to not be you doing something wrong.

Best Answer

@thebaldgeek wrote:

I'm finding a lot of little changes like this (things you tweak in the app) are not sync'ing across to the Ionic.

Just hang in there, hopefully one of the Fitbit mods can help you out, but - yeah, not surprised at all, and its pretty much guaranteed to not be you doing something wrong.

Thank you @thebaldgeek! Glad it's not me and I'm not the only one finding things not fully syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Watch Faces have been changing without issue, however, I know to what you are referring.  There are some Watch Faces that you can micro adjust and super customize as well as change the default color for the Watch Face.  I figured out how to change the color, but, like you, couldn't get the micro adjustments figured out.  I opted to just stay with the default Watch Face for the time being as it has all I wanted on it.  

There is a Watch Face that isn't available yet and wish it was.  Check out the Fitbit Ionic video's and you'll see a Watch Face that looks a lot like the default one, but has "3 Slanted Bars" running to the right of the clock.  I LOVE that Watch Face and can hardly wait until that one is available (Fitbit, are you listening)....

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone, I am having exactly the same problem.  Hopefully it's just a bug that can easily be fixed - can a Fitbit tech person confirm?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry if that post was off. I was trying to rush because I was at work but glad you understood what I was saying. I have the Moment clockface, the color for the theme changes but not the micro adjustments.

I know exactly what clockface you're talking about, that one looks awesome! I haven't seen that one either and I was looking for that one too. I believe @racertempo posted another thread about a missing clockface as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry if that post was off. I was trying to rush because I was at work but glad you understood what I was saying. I have the Moment clockface, the color for the theme changes but not the micro adjustments.

I know exactly what clockface you're talking about, that one looks awesome! I haven't seen that one either and I was looking for that one too. There are a few that are missing and I believe @racertempo posted another thread about a missing clockface as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the moment clock face, and see in settings where you can select a different color, but I can't see a way to apply the new color. All I can do is back out to the previous screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Selecting another color is enough to change the background, no need to apply.  Syncing is almost immidiately. I am using the moment clockface with blue background. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not for me. Other color is checked, but no change in appearance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not for me. Other color is checked, but no change in appearance.

The moment you go back one page on your phone (leaving the page with the wtchfaces), you go back tot the page were the Sync option is available.

Just wait untill  it has synced again (should do it almost directly).

Sometimes it does not work, then reset the watch (soft-reset: left button together with right lower button untill logo apears).

Then wait a minute. If it still not work, then change the color again and go back to the Sync page. Now it should work.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions, but I tried those, and still no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, might as well simply make your own, so you only have whatever you want to show.

This is mine using Fitbit Studio.Screen Shot.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to find Fitbit Studio but couldn't discover it. Can u guide me please. 

There are a few beautiful watch faces available by developer Amy, however, 

can't seem to complete downloading. Waited for 1 hour but still nothing completed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting point: Fitbit Studio (sign up for free)

https://studio.fitbit.com

Clock faces list on GitHub:

https://github.com/Fitbit/ossapps

Simple getting started tutorials and Simulator download:

https://dev.fitbit.com/getting-started/

Enjoy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it...thanks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for helping out @SunsetRunner! Smiley Very Happy Also, thanks for sharing your clock face, like it!

Welcome on board @10sgma, I'm happy to have a new member here! To get detailed information about this, see: How do I develop new apps for the Fitbit App Gallery?

If you have questions, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes