Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer won't sync "newer" releases

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since updating my Sense to the latest firmware syncing offline playlists works again. However it won't sync tracks that's newly released. Been experimenting by creating playlists only containing newer releases without success.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I’m having similar trouble. When I sync a playlist, about 90% of the tracks sync and a few don’t. If I click on the greyed out track on my Versa 3 it says it’s missing or corrupt. My roommate has the same issue with her ionic. 

I took the tracks out of their original playlists and put them in their own to see if that would make a difference but none of the tracks in that new playlist sync. I thought it was just newer tracks at first too but have some that are older that have issues too. 

Of course this is pretty minor compared to the issue where nothing was syncing for a few weeks, but still annoying. App is latest version and firmware just got updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, none of my playlist is syncing properly. My own als well as the playlists created by Fitbit. So even after updating to 5.3, syncing is not working as expected. Offline music is therefore pretty useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes