Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to sync every time if I want to see current weather?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do I have to sync my Ionic every time I want to view the bloody weather app?

Moderator edit: added label & updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I think you have to sync it every new day to update it to the most current weather information. You shouldn’t need to sync every time you try to open the weather app.

Ionic, Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes . I hate that about the weather on Ionic

i have to CONSTANTLY sync to see the weather . If I’m gonna go thru all that trouble , I might as well just pull it up on my phone . That’s 1 step shorter than syncing and than going back to my Ionic to tap on the weather icon 😏

Best Answer

Smart watch??

Best Answer
0 Votes

You really need to have All-Day Sync enabled for the Weather app to be viable and effective. Even with All-Day Sync enabled, it usually takes 10-30 seconds before any weather data to appear on the Ionic screen in my experience. However, that is better than leaving all-day sync off and having to manually sync, the go back and launch the Weather app on the Ionic.  As stated previously, you might as well use a weather app on your phone if you do not have All-Day Sync enabled. 

Fitbit Ultra (2012-2016, R.I.P.), Garmin ForeRunner 620 (2016-2017), Fitbit Ionic (2017-2021, RIP) || Samsung Galaxy S10 w/Android 10.0, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
0 Votes