Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find My Phone and Weather app aren't working on my Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 is connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth, the app is open in the background of my phone, I receive notifications....but the “find my phone” feature almost never works. Possibly related is that when I open the app on my phone at the top it briefly says unable to find versa 3, then the message will go away and it will sync. Also the weather app never works on my watch. It says sync with app-which it should be. My phone and watch are both updated to the most recent software. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Pennyg01. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for making sure that your Versa 3 and Fitbit app are up-to-date. 

Keep in mind the following requirements in order for the Find Phone app to work properly:

• Your smartwatch must be connected (“paired”) to the phone you want to locate.
  • Your phone must have Bluetooth turned on and be within 30 feet (10m) of your Fitbit device.
  • The Fitbit app must be running in the background on your phone.
  • Your phone must be turned on.

To find your phone:

• Open the Find Phone app on your smartwatch.
  • Tap Find Phone. Your phone rings loudly.
  • When you locate your phone, tap Cancel to end the ringtone.

As for the weather app, check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the issue persists, see How do I troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? 

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Pennyg01. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for making sure that your Versa 3 and Fitbit app are up-to-date. 

Keep in mind the following requirements in order for the Find Phone app to work properly:

• Your smartwatch must be connected (“paired”) to the phone you want to locate.
  • Your phone must have Bluetooth turned on and be within 30 feet (10m) of your Fitbit device.
  • The Fitbit app must be running in the background on your phone.
  • Your phone must be turned on.

To find your phone:

• Open the Find Phone app on your smartwatch.
  • Tap Find Phone. Your phone rings loudly.
  • When you locate your phone, tap Cancel to end the ringtone.

As for the weather app, check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the issue persists, see How do I troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? 

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes