Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pet ran away the next morning even with full hearts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Luna, and for the past two days I've made sure that she has had all of her hearts filled before bed, and the next morning I see the sad letter and needs 5 treats... I'm just a little confused. I thought when their hearts were full they would be happy and still there the next day. 😞

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome on board @frenchlavender! it's nice to see you around the Community Forums! Fitbit Pet is a third-party app that doesn't belong to Fitbit, the way it works is according to the developer in charge (including its features). Although we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form.

Are you talking about the hearts on the screen? As you progress through your steps each day, you will see the number in the bottom right corner count up. Tap on that area any time it’s more than zero, and a little food bowl comes out to feed your dog or cat. You have to earn enough of those treats to feed him 5 times each day or the next morning the doghouse/cat-hourse will be empty. If you tap on the envelope in the dog/cat house you will see a picture of your pet and a figure for the number of treats he wants. Once you have earned your treats tap on the little circle with the treat number earned and your pet will come back to you.

Something that I've noticed with this is that the steps that increase the number in the lower-right corner have to be steps you got on the Fitbit Ionic or Versa (depending of which one you have). If you have more than 1 Fitbit tracker, and you get your steps using your other one, and then sync both so that your Ionic/Versa reflects the updated step count, then the number in the lower-right corner on the Ionic/Versa screen with your pet will not have increased. The interactive clock face seems it only pulls step data locally, from the device (the tracker itself), instead of from the account.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi there, I'm having the same problem.  Every night at midnight, Luna leaves, and she doesn't come back until I get to half of my steps goal (5 treats) the next day.  It's annoying for the cat to be gone half of the time!

Best Answer

The same exact thing happens to me! Once the clock strikes midnight Luna is gone and won't return until I have half of my daily steps in. I've reached out to the app developers, hopefully they will get back in touch to address this. This couldn't be a normal feature of the app, right? 😕

Best Answer

I am also having this problem, I get all my steps, feed Luna, and then at mid night she's gone 😞

Best Answer

Are you manually clicking to feed Luna? I thought it was automatic (you do the steps and then the pet is fed), but the reading I've done suggests that you have to manually click the treats once you've done enough steps.

I just found this out the hard way so hoping it works tomorrow. And I hope it works for you! Smiley Happy

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I literally said I feed her, and by that a mean manually I press the fish. She runs away at midnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I received the firmware update a few days ago, Luna has been going back and forth between behaving or running away at night.  Today she stayed all day....I'm hoping this is finally fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been unable to reliably click on the bowl with Luna - I have the hearts filled and the fish show available, but when I click the food bowl never shows up.  Not sure why. 

Best Answer
0 Votes