Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

@Lordbridle At launch, Ionic will offer Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and Strava apps. The App Gallery will continue to expand with more popular apps expected this Fall, like Adidas All Day (US only), Flipboard, GAME GOLF, Nest (US, Australia, EMEA only) and Surfline, plus many more apps and clock faces created by our developer community.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I am assuming an App or Fitbit feature to give yardages to hole while playing a round of golf is being considered?

Best Answer

The app you are referencing is taylormade's myroundpro.  I would certainly purchase another fitness tracker if it had access to that app

Best Answer

Yes, the fitbit ionic will have a Golf GPS appl. I developed an Golf app for the pebble which exactly does that. Fitbit acquired Pebble and It seems like that my orginal Pebble app can be ported to fitbit. The fitbit development studio will become available within a few weeks. This means that my Golf app will probably be in the app store in the beginning of October.

I already bought the fitbit ionic in order to test the App. The ionic provides all the features needed to be the perfect Golf watch. GPS, bright (sunlight readable) screen and long lasting battery life.

Pebble app: https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/57ad99c3bb85eddc98000264?query=golf&section=watchapps

Best Answer

Pierto,

So you already got the Iconic and tested out the app you developed?

I was just hoping that there would be a similar function as to the Surge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Golf App Availabulity??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not available now. This thread suggests it might be soon:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Golf-tracking-app/td-p/2163681

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking forward to your app for golf on the Iconic.  Please let us all know when it will be available.

Best Answer

@Mikegillett, The surge golf app tracked golf as an activity. My app will act as a GPS rangefinder showing distances to greens, hazards.

@thedonn57 I Will. App development is in progress and will be launched end of october I think. Fitbit hasn't released it appstore yet. First version will be basic though. I received my Fitbit Ionic and I'm now learning the interaction with it and will make sure that the User interface and User Experience is suited for the Ionic

Best Answer

So looking forward to this app. Golfed last Saturday, Ionic on left arm for golf activity tracking (walked 3.8 miles) and Garmin Approach on the right arm for green distances etc. Really looking forward to wearing only one watch while golfing. 

Best Answer

Hi Erik,

I see one big problem with this list! They all state the US how about the rest of the world? And without being rude I’m sure you sell more Fitbits in Europe than in America.

Would really like to other countries apart from the USA.

Regards.

Matt Skinner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ErickFitbit

I see one big problem with this list! They all state the US how about the rest of the world? And without being rude I’m sure you sell more Fitbits in Europe than in America.

Would really like to other countries apart from the USA.

Regards.

Matt Skinner.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Pietero.  Does your app have a specific name?  GOLF GAME mentioned?  or a different name?  Looking forward to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pierto,

Looking forward to a golf app. Let us know if you need testers. 

Regards, 

Mike 

Best Answer

@mikefmcnally I will sure need testers when the app can be published. What I Currently need is a design UX/UI. I have a very basic black white interface right now. If someone can make wire frames and a flow (both with the buttons and swipes gestures) that would be great. SVG's would be even better!

@scpackfan Currently it is called GOLF GPS. If you have a good suggestion, let me know. On pebble it was called Golf GPS rangefinder.

To give a status update. The Fitbit app store is not up and running yet. Before an app can be published, it must be checked by fitbit first. I do not know when the app store will be online and how long it takes before and app passes the fitbit checks.

The app is still under development and not yet in a Minimum Viable product stage. The server is ready, the code is almost ready, but the front is not. I'm not that much of an designer so please don't expect to much of that. 

Currently there is a bug in de Fitbit GPS watchposition which basiccaly means that you can not continuously read the GPS location from the watch. More can be found about this bug here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Geolocation-how-have-I-work-with-this/m-p/2273402#M1...

Best Answer

When will the golf app be available? 

Best Answer

It's November. Whats the word on Golf app. for Ionic?

Best Answer