Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a bunch of crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Santi,

I, and I am guessing along with everyone else on this forum, feel that this silence is deafening......

It has been over 3 months since we all saw the same press release stating the apps will be done by the end of the year, 2017.  We are now 3.5 months into the next year and the only word we have is yours, which isn't an official release and from your past responses seems as off base as the original.

We all bought this product knowing that the growing pains with new technology are always there.  But as early adopters it would be presumed that we would be let in on the product/app releases or asked to help with any testing.

The only responses on this forum are hundreds of people complaining that you lied to us and don't ever plan on coming out with any new apps.

Please listen up Fitbit and give us some real news or it sounds like soon you won't have any customers to worry about......

Best Answer

@Barndad I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the information you talked about with Game Golf. I'm sure the app will be great once its released! 

@Giampi71 I understand you need a better answer. However, I'm providing updates as I am receiving them. I would love to have an specific date. However, I don't have any specifics as of yet. I will let you know once I know more about an specific date. 

@Crizzle I don't play that much golf to call myself a golfer. I think the app is going to be awesome as it is taking some time to get finally released. Usually, when the release of an app takes some time is because it is probably going to be worth it. I will let you know once I have any hot updates. I'm looking forward to update you with some positive or good news soon. 

@stilwellcasey Thanks for your feedback. I understand your concern. Rest assured that once I get the knowledge on a release date or once the app gets released, I will be posting here to let you know that the app is available to download. 

Stay tuned for updates! Thanks for your patience.

I'll keep you posted. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

So close to getting rid of my ionic, tired of the crap and lies at this stage 

Best Answer
what a waste of time
Best Answer

I feel the pain, got tired of all the BS and the waiting, gave the Ionic to the wife, good for what she does, and I purchased a Garmin Fenix a serious smart watch for fitness and golf unlike the Ionic.

Now this was a costly mistake on my part, but I was mislead by the Fitbit company for advertising a watch with the golf app and many other apps that we're not available on the Ionic.

I'm not sure the if Fitbit will survive as company when they mislead the public about their products, I have learned my lesson and will never purchase another product or promote any products from this company.

Best Answer
So is the Garmin Fenix good and is the golf app good? Will go and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Other than the obvious (Golf App) what else about the Garmin do you prefer over Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any word on the Game Golf app coming to Ionic.  Getting ready for the season.

Best Answer

nope, no word nothing, thats exactly the struggle here. And it states solved in the thread!? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone from Fitbit set any expectation on when this is going to be available?  

Best Answer

Fitbit released news of their new watch (Versa) today that ships in 3-4 weeks. I believe the next update Fitbit OS 2.0 comes out then. My hope is that this major software update includes more apps including Game Golf. I do not work for Fitbit so this is not an official statement, but this is what I have read today on the new watch's reviews.

Best Answer
nope…. lies lies lies lies
Best Answer

Interesting that last August, Game Golf posted on Twitter that the app was coming soon. Apparently, “soon”, is a relative term to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, that seems pretty unacceptable.  Just give us a little info and set some expectations.  I understand delays and even cancelled initiatives.  I'm just looking for a little guidance from someone at Fitbit in the know.

Best Answer

@Barndadwrote:
nope…. lies lies lies lies

@Barndad Read the new Versa watch reviews released today. They state that Fitbit OS 2.0 will be coming out with the new watch in April. I am not sure if "lies lies lies lies" was directed at me or not. This message board won't let me post the link to the article, but the review I read is on wareable.

Best Answer

The Garmin has the proven golf stand alone app(no need for a phone), rowing indoors/outdoor,hiking,trail run, you can update your stats with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth you can create your runs with GPS tracking also Garmin has a separate software just for golf to keep your stats and to compete against your friends and countless other functions but no Starbucks apps which is completely useless in my view. 

Best Answer

I got it too and got all excited. For naught it appears.  There is an * at the bottom that says some apps coming soon. 😞

I wonder if the app is going to read tags with NFC on IONIC?

I am disappointed in the Ionic.  It is a very expensive gadget with little real (useful) app support.  Really just a colorful Charge HR.  

I just ordered a Huawei to get golf app support.  FitBit is really missing the boat here as I will dump the Ionic if there are not better apps and  SOON.

Why can't someone put his all together?   The whole mess is worse than VHS vs. Beta (yes, I remember that fiasco LOL).

I feel your pain

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a reply  from another thread regarding the email I got today on the golf apps.

"there was an email today re golf app can't find it" ---- my reply

I got it too and got all excited. For naught it appears.  There is an * at the bottom that says some apps coming soon. Smiley Sad

I wonder if the app is going to read tags with NFC on Ionic?

I am very disappointed in the Ionic.  It is a very expensive gadget with little real (useful) app support.  Do I really need an app that tells me to drink water? Ionic is turning out to be really just a colorful Charge HR.  

I moved from Fitbit HR to Garmin X40 for golf support and then upgraded to Ionic (for download apps) with high hopes.  I am very disappointed in the Ionic the app support is dismal compared to Android / Android Wear O/S and I am getting tired of having to wear two devices because the O/S is not robust or open enough to get good solid apps.  It is nearly criminal that I can get the right app support on my Android Phone but not on a wearable device.    

I just ordered a Huawei (used) to get golf app support.  FitBit is really missing the boat here as I will dump the Ionic (and Fitbit) permanently if there are not better apps and soon.

Why can't someone put his all together?   The whole mess is worse than VHS vs. Beta (yes, I remember that fiasco lol). Really tired of $300 devices that deliver 80% of what is promised. 😞

I feel your (everyone's)  pain

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  My sentiments exactly.  The only problem with the Garmin is no club tagging or putting capture.  

I have Game Golf and their CS sucks.  My course always loads the nines reversed which is useless and their CS hasn't fixed it in several months.  

I use GolfPad which is much better. I was hoping the Ionic would solve this now.  I just bought a Huawei to link with GolfPad have to give up sleep tracking but not a big loss.  Bought the Ionic with high hopes - now I am running out of patience and $$$$.

Now a new watch just 7 months after the Ionic?  This is getting to be like the cell phone scam.  Every two months a new 'next best thing.'   === more $$$$ down the crapper 😞

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes