Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

@PhantomPhlyerwrote:

Now a new watch just 7 months after the Ionic?  This is getting to be like the cell phone scam.  Every two months a new 'next best thing.'   === more $$$$ down the crapper 😞

Just as a heads up, I believe the Ionic has everything that the Versa will have. The Versa is just described as a more "mass appeal" watch. Big differences from what I have seen is Versa will not have built-in gps (connects to phone gps). However, it is a different style (smaller/more colors) and less expensive ($199 starting price).

I'm just as frustrated as any other user here, but I am hoping that this new watch and Fitbit OS 2.0 update will have the gamegolf app come April.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not all all towards you !!!!!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
Yes, there are a large number of golfers who want the tech to add to their game. I will be keeping my Ionic but disappointed in the fact the app was advertised and now there’s such a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fibit OS 2.0 came out to 10% of users on Wednesday. Does anyone know if this update has the game golf app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea. Never was notified of new update. Would be good though

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
0 Votes
Crud - I started the update and got to installation, but I think it still
needed the internet, and sort of petered out without it. I could not get
it to restart at work. Hopefully it will finish/re-apply when I get to my
home network. Should be tonight. I'll post again after I get the update
applied.

--
"I have a map of the United States... Actual size. It says, 'Scale: 1 mile
= 1 mile.'" - Steven Wright
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did a Fitbit update that was only 13mb on my android app and there was still golf app.  This watch I got for Christmas and was my wife told that the golf app would be good to go on the ionic.  I understand these things take time and I am a patient person however when you're promised something at time of purchase to find out that it's not true then this is called false advertising.  I really do like the watch and with the quality of display it shows the golf app could be really good if they take advantage of it.  If they sink it properly with stats and scorecards stored on the app like the Garmin s20 watch did I will be impressed.  If this app doesn't happen in the near future I will let Fitbit purchase my watch for every penny that my wife spent on it.

Tim.

Best Answer

I hear you Buddy, very dishonest company in my view, I got so frustrated with Fitbit that I gave my Ionic to my wife, she likes it for her steps and exercises but this watch did not do anything for me. I row 6000 meters a day at the gym and play golf, that's the 2 primary reason I purchase this watch and neither one of those apps are on the Ionic. Went to a Garmin a little more in tune with the public.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree buddy. They suck at this !!! They lie !!!!! No compliance !!!!!!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read on golf digest that Game Golf Pro (new game golf tracking system) comes out in April. Maybe it will come out then? Even if it does, I am very frustrated by the lack of transparency with the app release especially considering the false advertising as previously mentioned (fitbit press release originally said the fitbit game golf app would have been released by the end of 2017).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now if it's a paid app I'll hand deliver my fitbit back to them 

Best Answer
I am soooo f....n tired of Fitbit lack of compliance. If I did that at my job or anything else I would be fired or divorced !!!!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer

Well said, you got have a little responsibility in life.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We do !!!! I think next time I mess up with my wife and she wants a reason I’m just going to tell hell “ reason coming soon”

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer

Game golf is now available on the Fitbit App Store!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Game golf now appears in App Store !!

Best Answer

Hello all! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App.

I hope you are all doing well! I'm happy to announce that the Game Golf App is now available to download at the Fitbit App Gallery! It looks like this:

Game GolfGame Golf

Can you please confirm if you see this on the Fitbit App Gallery?

The app is free! Please download it, and let me know how it is! It should be great! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I’m in Ireland and it’s still not available, is it just released in the US so far?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Canada and was able to download it.  Noticed it doesn't have a couple courses my Garmin has.  Says I have to do a fitbit iOS update...nut it keeps saying will not connect...lol

Surprise surprise.  Patience is a virtue with this thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already loaded, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer