Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

I’m waiting for a review of it before I go and buy an Ionic . Taking a while to get this rolled out 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have my Ionic - works pretty well for the basic features. I have not
pushed it much yet.

Will be happy to give the golf app a test run.

Gregg

--
"I have a map of the United States... Actual size. It says, 'Scale: 1 mile
= 1 mile.'" - Steven Wright
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Where is game golf. I check every day. I thought it was supposed to be available by Dec 31st. 

I got the Game Golf product for Christmas and can't wait to use it with my fitbit. Of course it's -12 here in Chicago so I'm not sure why I'm so anxious. 

@diego50 wrote:

FITBIT - where is GAME GOLF?  

Best Answer
Gps golf tracking distance to hole is exactly what I'm needing... is this available yet? If so how do i get it on my ionic

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not available yet apparently. Will be out very soon . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont think it is out yet - let me know when you see it and I will do the
same.

Gregg

--
"I have a map of the United States... Actual size. It says, 'Scale: 1 mile
= 1 mile.'" - Steven Wright
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - just heard from Game Golf who are hoping that the app will be available fairly soon. Cheers Gav

Best Answer

Need help was told this has a golf gps for yards but can not find the app please help in Australia if anyone know where to get it and how to download it would bed grateful 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's really perfect golf app called MatchPlayer. Take a look at its features in article Golf App Development. How We Created Matchplayer App For Golf Players published by golf app developers https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/see-how-we-developed-the-very-best-app-for-golf-players-in-detail

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Diggo, I'm no expert but my understanding is that there are currently NO golf yardage apps available but hopefully some coming in the near future but no exact time frame. it would be a very popular addition but unlikely to make a huge difference to my golf as it isn't distance that is my main problem. I am told that I have too much LOFT. Lack Of F...ing Talent! Happy New Year! A

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol I feel your pain its just a feel good thing for me lol and happy new year to you too buddy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi kmod, Happy New Year from a slightly less chilly Scotland!

I thought that you might be interested in this reply that I got today from Game Golf.

"We are launching the app on Fitbit very soon. Fitbit’s developers are actually building this for us and they are delaying the release date. We do get regular updates on this and we are also testing this internally at the moment.

My general guess is that this will be added and ready by the end of this month."

Hopefully it will be warm enough in Chicago by then!

A

Best Answer

Thanks for this update @Appin! I have been patiently waiting for this Golf app... I have already played several amazing courses since getting the fitbit watch. Let's hope by the end of this month doesn't really mean by the end of next month lol. Greetings from California! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update appin. Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Game Golf and Fitbit Ionic. I have all of my clubs programmed and ready to go with the sensors. Now I just need it to warm up about 60 degrees and the 6 inches of snow to melt. Probably won't be until March but it's nice to dream. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Pieter, do you need course data. I have green point GPS data for around 9000 courses for USA, 2300 for Europe + a few hundred in Australia???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now returned my fitbit iconic...originally got this as a exercise watch + golf.  It amazes me that this is supposed to be a smart watch but there are very little apps.... completely let down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the golf app that was promised to be out by end of 2017? If you can have an app to track tennis, surely golf shouldn’t be that difficult....

Best Answer

Hey folks:  just wondering if we are getting closer to having a golf gps app available? I am lovin’ my Iconic! Thx

Best Answer

Yes I know, I have a Garmin S20 and went out and bought a Vivoactive 3, then returned it, their software stinks, no Windows 10 and barely any Android support, it only seem to work on my Apple Watch.

If they had better a better app that supported all the platforms I would have kept it.

Took a chance and bought an Ionic and I'm crossing my fingers that they come out with a golf app, or I will be wearing my S20 for golf and the Ionic the rest of the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Purchased a Fitbit Ionic over a Vivoactive 3 the other day, mainly because I seen the Fitbit ad that the golf game app was coming out on this watch, I love the fact that Fitbit supports the Window platform since I'm a Windows 10 person, Watch, Pc, Laptop, Garmin no longer support the Vivoactive 3 on the Windows 10 platform and barely any support on Android, they only seem to support Apple devices.

Anyways I got my fingers cross that this app will be out soon, it was suppose to be at the end of 2017 but I don't see it yet.

Claude 

Best Answer