Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
Thanks for your post. You know, I wonder if the Fitbit Team is consolidating the app with the new Game Golf Pro product! That is logical to me and will be well worth the wait based on what I have read about GG Pro so far.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Wonder how this Game Golf app is going?  It is getting closer to golf season.  Sure would like to have this working soon.

Best Answer

Firmware Update just come through but still no golf app....any more thoughts on release?

Best Answer

I'm getting a little concerned about the golf app, I mean the app already exist and runs, all they need to do is incorporated into the watch, Garmin Vivoactive 3 has golf software into their watch, how difficult can this be. The Ionic has been out 5 months and still not many usefull apps.

What I think is the Ionic screen does not stay on all the time which saves battery life, and putting the golf app on, the screen will need to stay on and it will drain the battery too fast, with the GPS on the battery life is 10 hours, now turn that screen on full time with the GPS running and I'm not sure you will get a round a golf out of it, just my opinion.

I may be golfing with my Garmin S20. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on the Game Golf web page and seen the app is already available on the Apple and Pebble watch already, funny thing is Fitbit owns Pebble, I was very surprised to see the app on Pebble already and not on their flagship Ionic watch.  

Best Answer

That is strange. I can only hope that since it is out on Apple, that Fitbit is going to come out with something bug proof and really ready to go. I think what they have done so far with the Iconic is awesome as I have used many of the exercise apps. Come on Fitbit we’re counting on you!:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am hoping the golf app comes out soon.

I selected the Fitbit device over competitors because of the exercise apps with the knowledge that Fitbit was working on a golf app. I'm hoping the golf app comes out before spring breaks here in the Midwest.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep me too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not SOLVED as there is still not Golf App, I'm switching to Garmin, at least they have real R&D staff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you, I have my Garmin S20 for my backup if the Ionic does not produce a golf app, then I'll sell the Ionic and get a Vivoactive 3 or Android wear 2 watch.

Best Answer

Santi- I am a big fan of the Ionic and believe Fitbit will come up with a great golf gps app.  That said, I think there are folks on this Community site that are starting to get restless- spring is not far away.  Any chance of getting a little more detailed update as to where things stand?  Thanks for your efforts.

Best Answer

Well put. I'm waiting to hear an update for the Ionic golf app as well. Thanks for posting.

Best Answer

By now Jan ended and we are half way thru Feb and there still isn’t any golf gps app available... 

Best Answer

The last post I read was the golf app would be out when the US thaws out in the spring, I'm not sure what part of the US they are talking about because a lot of states are golfing already, these folks must be in north Wisconsin. 

Best Answer

Hi there fellows! I was reading your latest comments and I can understand you are eager to get this app on your Fitbit Ionic as soon as possible.

As @SantiR mentioned earlier in this post, we are still short in new updates since at the moment we do not have a precise timeframe of when is going to become available.

Rest assure some of our announced apps for the Ionic gallery like Game Golf, Clue, Lyft, Uber, Walgreens, TripAdvisor, British Airways will be COMING SOON!

Thank you all for your patience and I guarantee when this apps are released, you'll love much more your Ionic.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update.  It would be more realistic to change the status of the issue from 'solved' to 'pending'.  I am not upset like the others yet, but I have to agree, this is not 'solved'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder how much longer this will take ??????????? going on 3 months now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up I ordered a Garmin Fenix to get Golf and the rowing App maybe my wife will use the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any Golf GPS Apps thst can be utilised through the Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Parky291 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this thread as it is about the same topic. I recommend reading through it. 

Hello friends! I have an update for you!

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this suggestion about a Golf GPS App. It caught my attention as I see some information regarding the Game Golf App.

According to the suggestion's categorization comment, the Game Golf App is expected to be released this Fall a long with other interesting apps. 

Once I have more expanded information about this I will post here to keep you updated! 

Thanks for your patience. Stay tuned. I will see you around soon! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes