Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Just a little question to @SantiR: why in the previous posts you said it was coming soon? When "sometimes in 2018" becoming a synonym of "soon"?

I think Fitbit is having a huge problem of communication, we Fitbit Ionic users are a sort of early adopted as we purchased a product with no history and knowing it was a very much under development product. Therefore we deserve more transparency about the imminent and future plans for the product.

Best Answer

I have to agree with Giampi71,

while a Golf app is not going to make or break my appreciation for the ionic, I believe it was a rushed product and there were many misleading claims. 

I think you ought to report this dissatisfaction up ward, if you haven’t already.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, here's my take on recent posts, including those of the monitor.

First off, I live in Chicago, where we have a rather truncated golf season; and, I admit, I purchased the Ionic with the promise of a golf app to compliment my fitness tracker.

My feeling, as a person living in North America, is that the golf app Will Be released Sooner than Some on this thread are apt to feel.

There is somewhat of a cultural difference in interpretation and expression, depending on where one finds oneself.

Having said that, and knowing that the Pebble golf app now is owned by Fitbit, it is not going to take as long as some posters have stated for Fitbit to port the app to the Ionic platform.

Simma down, people - simma  . . .

😉😊😉 

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

And by the way @SantiR please uncheck this topis as solved because it is not solved. Just because somebody at Fitbit gave a reply it doesn't mean it is solved, it is just work in progress (hopefully)

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
Really. I hope that made you feel better. On the realistic side of everything....... we (I) was misled going back to December. It’s true ..... not going to change my life but hate being lied to !!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer

Fitbit congratulations on treating your customers with contempt.  You have totally misled everyone.  My wife purchased this for me for x-mas.  I didn’t open the box, as I wanted to find out more about the IONIC.  I was excited when I read a golf app was coming very soon, as I love my golf. Thanked my wife for the present and told her all about the features that was coming.  Now I am telling her I want to return/sell it as we have been mislead.  Mine is on the market again to sell, because of your lack of response and trasperancy on when the app will be released.  I have worked in a Sales environment before and we had a saying.. Lose a customer once and you have lost them for life...

Fitbit start looking after your customers and be transparent. 😞

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

.... Not much for ranting, and really not one for signing up to a website just to complain, but alas, here I am.

Walked into REI during Christmas time with my wife's CC with specific instructions to buy whatever I wanted!  Yes, some of us have cool wives...  I was dead set on buying the Fenix 5 by Garmin till I saw the Fitbit Ionic and really liked the size and possibilities.  Continued to read about the features and noticed that it should have a golf app along with other new apps...

Fast forward 3 months (I've been using it for treadmill running during the winter months)...

Went golfing yesterday for the first time this year and my friend who has the Garmen Fenix 5 was pumped to use his watch but I was disappointed to find no update or app that was useful.  In all honesty, I would have purchased the Fenix if this wasn't such a joke.  Yes, more expensive but that would have gotten rid of my Golf Laser Range Finder and I have a Polar HR watch for running.  Seems like the whole 2 birds 1 stone concept doesn't apply with Fitbit and now I'm stuck with 3 devices when I (my wife) could have saved $250 and still have only 2. 

Fitbit, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Being in the software development World, you will get left behind if you don't start listening to the people buying your products.  Stagnate if you like Fitbit, this **ahem** is going on craigslist, I'm cool with taking a loss on this since we humans tend to pay more for convenience...

Best Answer

Hi Santi,

I along with the rest of the people on this thread chose to purchase the Ionic this holiday season with the option to purchase substitute products such as the Apple watch and Garmin etc.... 

We all chose to purchase this product under the presumption that the "coming soon" and "before the end of the year" apps would be completed "soon" or before the end of 2017.

I was using a Charge 2 for a few months and loved the Fitbit app and exercise tracking so much that when your company offered a "smart watch" that would be able to track my fitness and show me the distance to the pin it seemed like my dreams were coming true.  I decided to spend the $300 to upgrade from my Charge 2 to the Ionic to gain more functionality but as of now the only improvement over the Charge 2 I have is being able to change my watch face.  Although my charge 2 was better at showing notifications from my phone/ connecting to Bluetooth it couldn't get wet so the Ionic does have 1 better quality.

Please give us, the current customers who have already spent their money on your product, a real date that you will or will not have a golf app out.  If not, it seems that Apple and or Garmin will be gaining a lot of new customers as they both offer many different options for apps that link to their watches.

Thank you for your help and we all hope to hear from you soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My wife (also cool) managed to lose the first one in a Xmas gift rapping
horrible mistake. So I have bought two...

Boom. Beat that! 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mean the gift went to an unintended giftee/guest/receiver? How
generous!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well said !!!!! I just hope they tell the truth !!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain ... not happy at all !!!!!!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am feeling the same way…… Grounds for divorce
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, probably the garbage man.... I can only hope it got found
by someone before a trip to the dump.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm off to golf, ionic on one wrist and Garmin on the other looking like a geek. If only Fitbit would released this golf app so I wouldn't have to be there butt of jokes amongst the other golfers.

Best Answer

My wife wearing my Ionic now, and I'm wearing my Garmin Fenix with Golf App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it'll come out after the golf season in Canada?  Brutal.  I'll keep using my Garmin s20.   When it does come out of better be everything the Garmin is and berter.  And if there is a fee for it I'll be selling my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not Solved!

I bought ionic on the expectation of a guaranteed Game Golf app and the hope of some alternatives. Fall 2018 is ridiculous given Game Golf was promised at launch. Golf season is rapidly approaching. Sort this out quickly or lose your early adopters! 

Best Answer