Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Is evident that Fitbit has decided to ignore the complains of the many Ionic users that purchased the product because the golf app was promised to be out very soon. This is an equivalent of scam as it was evidently a false advertisement to sell more .

My opinion is that an official reply from Fitbit is expected aba eventually include a possibility to return the Ionic and being fully reimbursed.

Best Answer
You are right on point !!!!
I have also spoken to game golf and was told that Fitbit has had the app for 4 months (at least ) by now

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer

4 months isn't long to develop their side, I suspect they may need more time but the fact that they have only had it 4 months, which means they only gained access to it in November?  Not not sure why they would advertise based on something they probably didn't have access to prior to November but may have been in "discussions". ..

I'm willing to give this group another 2 months, since it's on/off golf season here in DC due to weather, if nothing changes, I'm selling this bish and going with Fenix.  Hell, this almost makes me want to use my developer side and build a website just so that if anyone googles Fitbit Ionic and Golf GPS the site shows up saying it is not developed and may never be... Yes, this could be construed as slander but it is fact and no different than what they send out as false advertisement.

/endRant

Best Answer

Fully agree with you, already went to Garmin Fenix and gave my wife the Ionic to try vs her Vivomove HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep you are reading the below correctly. Fitbit is going to launch a smart watch aimed at the mass market this year. One might come to the conclusion that they are saving all the good apps for the launch of that product which makes all of our purchases for Xmas nothing short of a con..

Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) reported its fourth-quarter results after the market closed on Feb. 26. Despite the launch of the Fitbit Ionic, the company's first full-featured smartwatch, revenue declined compared to the disastrous 2016 holiday quarter.

Fitbit expects revenue to slump again in 2018 even as it launches more smartwatches, including one aimed at the mass market. Here's what investors need to know about Fitbit's fourth-quarter results.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I concur,  I am about to buy a smart watch, which I can use for golfing.   I use fitbit for five years and it became a part of my life.  I do not like to have a watch and fitbit on my wrist. I prefer to use fitbit, but at this point, I am getting tired of waiting and think I may go with tom tom golfer 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Fitbit Ionic because I thought it offers an all in one solution. The apps which are available are pathetic, how many crypto currency apps does one need!!?? The only app advertised in the app store since launched is the NYT add. I should have gone for the Garmin Forerunner and a separate golf gps such as Bushnell etc. I thought I could combine a running watch with a golf gps but thats not possible with Fitibit as it looks like. Also the running app on the watch isnt really great, it doenst even tell you the cue points over the headphones if you playing music of the watch... NO! I wouldnt recommend the Ionic to anyone, nice try fitbit, I am going to sell mine and buy a Garmin! 

Best Answer

Not so good, I feel you're pain, I also purchase the Ionic thinking the same way, I would have great smart watch with a golf app on it, Gave the Ionic to my wife for the gym and workouts, and I went and purchase a Garmin Fenix a watch that has everything including Golf and rowing, It's too bad Fitbit could not match the Garmin for fitness apps instead of junk apps.  

Best Answer

Will your app be made available for the Blaze???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really need to hear from Fitbit around this. The silence is deafening!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
I dont work for fitbit….. I am just upset with them
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep I can’t believe a company can have this much noise on a user group and remain silent?

Fitbit we would like an offical response please to when the Game Golf App will be made available for the Ionic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App.

I still don't have any new updates regarding the specific date in which this awesome app will be released. I've followed-up with our Apps team and confirmed that Game Golf is coming very soon. Rest assured that once I get new hot updates I will let you know on this thread. I'm checking everyday to see if there are any updates, I'm with you! 

Thanks for your patience and know this app will be awesome once released.

I'll keep you posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
It’s crazy !!!!

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer
0 Votes
been waiting for over 3 months !!!

really really really bad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiRwrote:

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App.

I still don't have any new updates regarding the specific date in which this awesome app will be released. I've followed-up with our Apps team and confirmed that Game Golf is coming very soon. Rest assured that once I get new hot updates I will let you know on this thread. I'm checking everyday to see if there are any updates, I'm with you! 

Thanks for your patience and know this app will be awesome once released.

I'll keep you posted! 

@SantiR Seriously, now you are saying "very soon" (like in the past 3 months) but earlier you said within 2018! 

Frankly speaking I believe we users deserve a better answer than "I still don't have any new updates regarding the specific date in which this awesome app will be released.". We really want to know that infamous specific date since we bought the Ionic based on promises by Fitbit!

Best Answer

@SantiR just a quick question are you a golfer and have you seen the app? You must right? How else would you know that this app is awesome? I would have been already very happy with just a golf app but now my expectations are really high, so you guys better deliver something awesome which is worth the wait. I am looking forward to your new hot update very soon but still in 2018... maybe... 

Best Answer
I am a golfer. I have also talked to the game golf company. So the app should be really good

Thanks,
Barney
Best Answer

Here again the link to fitbits press release: https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Fitbit-Launches-Ionic-th...

My purchase decision was based on the following factors: 

Onboard music storage 

Golf GPS 

SPO2 

What did I get?  An mp3 player with step counting capabilities, from a company that has obviously no ethics and moral! 

Best Answer