Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204
All other golf apps handle this no problem, even the simple Golf GPS on
Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A quick update after I succesfully loaded my local courses after the update just over a week ago.

I played one course on the Thursday and the other on the Saturday, app started fine on my Ionic each time, measured the distances to the holes absolutley fine. However each time I walked to my ball or to the next hole the app will have closed down. I would then open it again and normally it would ask if I wanted to continue on the course but a few times I was just back at the start not knowing where I was

I have no idea whether this is how the app is meant to work to save battery life, are there any settings on timeout, I've never seen any instructions about the game anywhere??

Game Golf Version 1.0.5 on a Sony XZ with Android 8.0.0

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, I’m going to look into this. It sounds like a really simple task and
I’m pumped. Let’s beat the weekend.
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great. I like people who are up for a challenge😊

i did try again yesterday with the same results, (app exited when I selected Start Round).

Course: Mallory Hills Country Club,(Caroline, Virginia, Amelia), The  Villages, Fl

Phone:Motorola Moto Z Force, - Android 8.0.0

Game Golf: 1.0.5 - Uninstalled then re-installed.

Fitbit App: 2.74.2

Let  me know if you need more details.

Good luck.

pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, golf app worked well for 2 weeks now it will not stay engaged during the round. 

Please fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, it's me again! My friend @Pete-Fl brought something to my attention. It was the model of the phone he is using with Fitbit. The Moto Z Force, is not added to our list of supported devices. 

Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device.

Said that, please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

So I wanted to ask to the rest of you, what's the model of the devices you're currently using with the Fitbit app and the Game Golf app?

Also, the latest version for the Fitbit app on Android and iOS is currently 2.75. So, please double check that your app is already up-to-dateWoman Very Happy 

I'm asking for these 2 things as you may know that the issue about syncing your courses was already solved, but some of you're still having this inconvenience so I want to figure out the root cause of this. 

Before leaving, I'd like to remind you that when you transfer courses to the watch you need: 

1) Good Bluetooth connection.
2) GG watch app is open while transferring course from Fitbit App.
3) GG watch app & Fitbit mobile app don't have any pending updates.

Thanks guys, see you later! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel XL. How about you just make it work with all phones like a normal app would. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.
Thanks for update. Don't understand why my device isn't supported. I have
updated the Fitbit app.
Pete.

Well. Today I played a straight 18 hole course and the app worked well.

So, I guess the issue is just with courses that have the 3 sets of 9.  Would be great if this could be resolved. Other apps/devices manage ok.

Pete

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Played Spyglass Hill GC last week, and the course loaded and app worked really well.  So I know my phone (Galaxy S7) and my ionic are in sync and working with this app.  However, my home course still does not load (Poppy Hills GC, Pebble Beach, CA.) frustrating to say the least.

I have reported this numerous times with no response or update as to when a fix for this might be coming...  Any real update would be appreciated! Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am continuing to try the app each time I play.  Today it worked well on a 9 x hole executive course but still continues to fail on courses with 3 x sets of 9 holes which most courses are where I live.

Is there a proposal to fix this or not?

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pete-Fl I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those details about the Game Golf courses. 

I'm glad they have worked for you. Thanks for reporting the 18 hole vs 27 hole situation. I will check into that. Keen to hear if any other user have experienced the same?

@Toivo7 Thanks for sharing those details regarding the courses you have played. 

How many holes does the Poppy Hills have? Thanks for reporting. I will send the reports. 

@Arahman Thanks for your feedback regarding this topic.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiRI can answer the last: Poppy Hills is an 18 hole course.  

Poppy Ridge in CA is 27 hole (3 sets of 9), and I am experiencing the same behavior as @Pete-Fl : I'm successfully able to load the course to my ionic, but starting GameGolf on the watch, choosing Poppy Ridge and then 'start round' just stops the app and brings me back to app screen.  Other courses I've tried (all 18 holes) have worked just fine.

Apple 4s, IOs 9.3.5, game golf app 1.0.5

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeM1000 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for taking the time to reply to this thread and my questions about the number of holes the courses has. 

I have seen several reports that courses that has 27 holes are not working correctly versus the ones that has 18 holes. I am reporting this information so it may get fixed for a future update of the app. 

I'd recommend trying other 27 hole courses (if possible) to check if the same will happen. You can also keep playing the 18 hole ones for the moment this gets resolved.

Thanks again for providing this information. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey MikeM1000,

It looks like it may work but there's a chance you'll only be able to
download one course at a time.

I think if Fitbit comes out with their own golf tracker and not a running
tracker with an app to play golf it'll be a BIT HIT.

Regards,

Adrian
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm playing a 3 x 9's course again tomorrow. I'll give it another try and provide feedback.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Tried again today but the same result. When selecting start round, the app exited.

AAA85F63-E7B7-4F15-B27F-A5DDD3C1005D.pngregarding downloading each course separately, this does not appear to be possible.  The course today was Evans Praire, (Osprey/Kildeer/Egret), See attacned.

Hope this helps?

Again, I reverted to the Golf GPS app which worked fine.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for the information provided @Pete-Fl and @AdonisAstray! As @SantiR said above, we'll send the report. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can get one of my local course to sync just fine but for one of other course I get a red circle with a line through it indicating it can’t lid it? Is that course not actually supported or do I have some other issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @shastaman! The first things to check are the requirements for the courses to sync:

With third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to reboot it on both sides after you sync. What course is it that
you’re having issues with?
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes