Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Hi there and thanks for all of the work you put in to get the app working on Fitbit Ionic. One issue that keeps happening to me when I'm on the golf course. After each shot (or before I play the next shot) I'm prompted by the app to calculate or measure distance (can't remember the words exactly) and whether I click yes or no the same thing happens again after the next shot. I've stopped using the app until I can resolve this.  I'm just wondering if there's a setting that I should turn off or on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried contacting Game Golf a few times as I also use their Game Golf Live device. They haven't answered me once with multiple platform contacts. Pretty average in my opinion. I actually find that my Ionic is a little bit flaky with phone connection anyway, so pretty disappointed at this stage that I chose it over the Garmin. Nevertheless I am stuck with it and there are many positives with it, like battery life and sleep insights. I have used Golf GPS and that is a good app. It is very basic and doesn't show the layout of the hole, but distance gps is great. 

My issue with Game Golf app is that it wouldn't even allow me to register an account or use my existing Game Golf account that is linked to my Live device so pretty average on Game Golf part IMHO. For a company that is as big as Game Golf is, I am terribly surprised to have never once received a reply from them for support.

Anyone having issues I suggest use Golf GPS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Micko2003, I'm glad to see you here again. @CJsRevolt, welcome on board. I'm sorry for my delayed response, and I'll continue helping you with your inquiries.

@Micko2003, you're welcome and thanks to you for keeping us updated. If that message is displayed on the Golf GPS app, I'd recommend to get in touch with the developer to receive more details about how it works and the reason behind that message. You can find their contact information within the app's details in the App Gallery.

@CJsRevolt, thanks for trying to contact those apps' developer and I'm sorry that you didn't receive a reply from them. I understand where are you coming from, and since this app wasn't developed by Fitbit, we don't have further details about how it works and this is why our best suggestion is to contact them. The Fitbit's API is open, so if you're interested you can also try developing your own appCheck the Getting Started Guide page to find everything you need to develop your app. Also, I think it would be of help if you take a look at this post from @Catplace where he shares an awesome tab of help for the Fitbit Studio.

I'll be around if you have another question.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Micko,

What you’re seeing is the distance tracking feature.  After you hit a shot, tap the number in the top right hand corner of your watch.  You will get the message asking if you want to track.  Select yes then walk to your ball.  When you are at your ball,  the number in the top right hand corner shows how far you hit your shot.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit ,

I have started playing with the FitBit studio to try and learn how to develop my own app. I have created a clockface but with virtually no coding experience this is going to be a journey! I will have a read of the post by @Gondwana and see what sort of help that provides me.

Wish me luck.

Thanks for the response.

Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes