Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Hi again everyone! Thanks for sharing your experience with Game Golf App while using iOS devices instead of Android. 

As most of you mentioned, it seems that the issue is coming from Android devices only. I've reported this to our team for investigation. As soon as I get more info, I'll share that with you my friends. 

If you have the chance to keep using the iOS device, please do it. I know this can be a bit odd, but as you know, at the moment it seems to be a workaround in order for your Game Golf App to sync its courses. 

And also, always make sure that your Fitbit app for Android is up-to-date

If there's anything I may assist you in the meantime, please let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Just tried iPhone workaround & got one course to load, but then get exact same sync issue with 2nd course (Ionic says "building course", then pukes & mobile app shows failed sync icon next to 2nd course).  Have tried multiple times sync'ing both at same time & one at a time.  2nd course sync continues to fail.  At least I have one course back up & running...

FWIW, multiple course sync worked for me (even on android) up until at least mid-May.  Perhaps developer can review what's changed since then?

p.s. Probably wise to take Game Golf off of mobile app's Ionic All Apps "banner" ad until issues are fully resolved...

Best Answer

Agreed. Even if reliable, leveraging a different device than the paired mobile device is not a valid workaround. Perhaps consulting your QE/Dev team can yield an actual UI workaround, since I'm sure they tested both android and iOS integrations... 

Best Answer

Hi, everyone!

I would like to ask you all for a favor to help us further investigate. If you could please provide the names of the courses you are attempting to load on your Ionic's this would help a great deal. I'll pass this information along to our team who is looking into this.

Thanks so much! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Poppy Hills Golf Course, Pebble Beach CA.  - Does not install on either my Android or iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google Pixel 2 XL
Trying to load courses:

Whitney Oaks - Rocklin, CA

Turkey Creek - Lincoln, CA

Woodcreek Golf Club - Roseville, CA

Also tried Pebble Beach, Poppy Hills, Poppy Ridge, and a couple of others.

Same issue as everyone else reporting that the app shows

Building Golf Course (0/1) 

We are creating your experience

then a few seconds later, back to the Add Golf Courses screen

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Note 8 and I am having all the same issues as previous people with syncing

I can't sync

Riverwinds Golf Course West Deptford NJ

Westwood Golf Course West Deptford NJ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no luck with any courses.

I'm using a Samsung A5.

Have reinstalled both fitbit app and game golf app. Bluetooth connection is strong. Using latest version of devices.

Courses I have tried are as follows:

Carnoustie golf club- 18 holes

Guildford Golf and Country Club- 18 holes

Point Roberts Golf and Country Club- 18 holes

Surrey Golf Club- 18 holes

Starts building the course and then just glitches and stops. No error message is given

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update from Game Golf when asking for their help.

Hi Brian,

It looks like the Android issue will need to be resolved by Fitbit. We can not do it on our end.

Regards,
Nick

Best Answer
So is Game Golf suggesting that the issue is with the Fitbit Android application and that only Fitbit can fix it because the issue is withing the Fitbit source code? Can anyone from Fitbit  comment on this please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my exchange with GG Support:

GG: Hi,  What seems to be the issue? It is likely that Fitbit will have to make the fix but we can take a look.   Regards, Nick

ME: Hi Nick. Best I can explain is as follows:
Google pixel 2XL
Fitbit Ionic
All settings and permissions allowed
All day sync on
Uninstalled / Reinstalled
Factory reset Ionic - Yep even tried this
When trying to add courses to Fitbit, get message on watch - Building Golf Course (0/1)
We are creating your experience
.. Then a few seconds later it returns to the Add Golf Courses screen.

You can read all about it on the Fitbit community forum.
Fitbit is recommending users reach out to you if their troubleshooting tips don't work (and they don't) 

GG: Hi, did they specifically tell you to reach out to us?

ME: At the end of their troubleshooting faq (which is where the Fitbit support Twitter account sent me) it says this:  

For help setting up and troubleshooting specific apps developed by Fitbit, see the following sections. For help with apps not covered below, contact the app developer for assistance.

ME: I've been troubleshooting for two days.  No luck.

ME: Seems many Android users are having the same issue.

GG:  Oh ok, I believe that is just a general post and not spcific to our app. I have sent your case on to our engineering team to see if they can assist.

GG: Hi, It looks like the Android issue will need to be resolved by Fitbit. We can not do it on our end.

Regards, Nick

ME: Gotcha. Appreciate your help. It was a gift for Father's Day and I can still return it. Bummer...

GG: Apologies, if there was anything we could do, we certainly would. Hopefully they can get this sorted out soon. Regards, Nick

ME: Thanks again for the effort.  I do appreciate it.

So it would appear the ball is in Fitbit's court.  (or on their Tee) 🙂  Hopefully they can hit the fairway and get us on the courses soon. 

Best Answer

Every course I've tried has failed: River Ridge (Raleigh, NC), The Challenge (Graham, NC), Riverwood (Clayton, NC), Duke University (Durham, NC).

Best Answer
0 Votes

ditto on :

Starts building the course and then just glitches and stops. No error message is given

Tried absolutely every instruction given by moderator. Android, S8, latest versions.

Is it possible to return this thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any sort of update on this?

It is golf season now and would be ideal if we could use this asap

Best Answer

Not much to report from my perspective.
Here is my Twitter exchange with @fitbitsupport

June 19
@FBS:  We appreciate the info! We've created a case for you (#25370853) and have brought it to our team's attention. Someone will be in touch with you soon via email.

ME: I appreciate it. I hope they reach out soon because I'm ready to return the Ionic

@FBSNo worries. Rest assured someone from our team will get back to you to further assist you with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

June 20

ME: Still waiting. Should I expect someone to reach out in the next day or two, or the next week or two?

@FBS: Please note that our normal email response time is 24 to 48 hours although, this can vary depending on contact volume but rest assured someone from our team will be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience.

June 21 - STILL NO WORD FROM ANYONE

ME: Okay - tired of waiting. Going to return and purchase the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music.

Going to return the Ionic and get the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music today.

Here is a great review/comparison of Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dauxqPWbx60&t=84s 

Feel Free to follow up with FitBit Support on the ticket they created:  #25370853

I'll keep checking the thread to see if they ever fix the issue...but for now, I have two things I want to accomplish - 1) Round of golf with a fitness tracker - just for fun 2) Round of speed golf where I can really benefit from the fitness tracker and golf gps functionality 

Good luck to all.

Best Answer

Using apple and the courses will not sync. Phone, and watch up to date-

my phone syncs with the app but the courses will not sync. Should have gone with Garmin, strong software 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here with all courses I have tried.  It errors out after about 2 seconds of “Course Building”.  I have a Galaxy S7.  

From the looks of this thread, this issue has been open for longer than a month, which unfortunately indicates that this is not a priority for the Fitbit or Golf Game teams. 

Moral of the story: Do not rollout and promote products that haven’t been sufficiently tested.  If bugs do arise, get them corrected as soon as possible.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.   I tried everything that was suggested with my ionic and it was still not working.

Best Answer

I've tried deleting and re-installing, logging in and out. Updating. Everything.

However I am still unable to sync my courses as it keeps starting to load then stop and says I have to sync the the ionic app even tho it is synced. 

I don't know what else to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Rkalter1, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience about syncing your Game Golf courses, nice way to go! 

First, please make sure that you have a solid Bluetooth connection to your phone when you try to upload courses. If the connection is poor, you may have to attempt several times to upload courses. 

If your courses are not loading properly, let's verify the following requirements to transfer courses successfully: 

- Game Golf watch app is open while transferring course from Fitbit App.
- Verify Game Golf Watch app & Fitbit Mobile App don't have any pending updates. 

Give this a go and let me know if something changes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer