Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

I'm getting CPU usage warnings for the app and it's consumed 81% of my Samsung S8's battery since my last full charge (>10 hours ago). I'm about to uninstall too. I've had to leave my phone on a charger almost constantly for the last week or so bc of the fitbit apps battery consumption. I've reinstalled, reset, cleared cache, etc. Holidays are a bad time for things to hit the fan. I hope they have resources back soon who can address these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HBlood it sounds like you may be affected by a different bug than is discussed here. There is an android app issue causing high battery and/or data usage on phones. Keep an eye on the following thread that has the updates from fitbit:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Mobile-data-usage-increased/td-p/2813906

Best Answer

Thanks, Steve,

I am also affected by the GameGolf issue, and the Coach synching issue. All occurred within the last few weeks. I suspect they're a consequence of the same round of code changes. I'm hoping, by providing symptoms, they can come closer to finding a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Purchased the ionic with the hope of using the golf GPS for many rounds, unfortunately I have yet to be able to even download a single course. 

I have uninstalled the app, uninstalled Fitbit, logged in and out multiple times with no success. Very frustrating!

Makes me wish I wouldn't have purchased the ionic!

Best Answer

Hi, @SHarp8125! Game Golf is an app by another provider that is created to be used on Fitbit (kind of like Starbucks is not Fitbit). I would suggest heading over to their website and contacting them about the issues directly.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf app not loading/syncing courses. Also, thanks for your feedback regarding this.

The first things to check are the requirements for the courses to sync:

If non of the above sorts this out for you, please contact customer support and provide the following information:

• Fitbit App version.
  • Phone model and OS version.
  • Name of the golf course you are trying to add to your watch.

That way, customer support can send this information to the right place to get this filed and checked. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already done all that. When are you going to fix the app?
Best Answer

Santi, most of us here know how to use the app, because we've sync'd courses before. It appears that a recent update, either Android Oreo, or one from Game Golf, messed up the ability to sync. It needs to be sorted out on your end. It's not hard to test. Anyone with an android phone can test it. 

Best Answer

@lcleaver @phg35 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread. Also, thanks for sending these important data to customer support.

I don't have a time frame or a reason as to why this has happened yet. However, your reports to customer support are to determine this. Once I get any updates regarding this rest assured I will let you know. For the moment, trying the troubleshooting steps above and reporting to customer support if non of those work, is the best thing we can do. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Stay tuned for updates! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Just downloaded two courses, farthest I’ve gotten. Have not played but at least the phone app synced with the watch. 

FYI- make sure your golf app on your watch is open 

Best Answer

Samsung S8

Tried all the suggestions above. Had courses synced, deleted a couple to use it while out of town and can't get them resynced. 

I've uninstalled both the Fitbit app and the golf app. 

Waterloo Golf Grass Lake Mi

Sharp Park Jackson Mi

Pierce Lake Chelsea Mi

Both apps are up to date. 

Best Answer

I also have the same issue trying to transfer courses to my ionic.  I have an Android Motorola Moto Z phone. Have tried multiple iterations of uninstalling/installing etc.. all to no avail.

Best Answer

Hi All. I am experiencing the same problem (I select "Send to Tracker" on the Game Golf App. A connection is established to the Iconic, which reads "Building Golf Courses 0/3" for 2 seconds before crashing and losing connectivity).

I had originally successfully set-up 3 courses when the App was first released, without any issues. It is only when I attempted to load 3 new courses recently when this error occurred. I don't think the actual names of the golf courses, nor the number of holes has any impact, as we are all experiencing the same connectivity issues. 

The app was actually very good (when it was working). Gave very accurate distances to the middle of the greens. It is a real disappointment that the App no longer works. I will be switching my Fitbit  to a more established golf GPS watch, such as the Garmin because of this.

Best Answer
So is there a fix?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

@DYung @hinterhunt @Pete-Fl @m5walter Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with the courses not updating. 

Please be sure to try all of the steps I left on my post above. This is very important to get them to sync properly. 

@GusM It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing that information. I'm glad the courses synced. Yes, it is very important to have the app opened while doing this for it to be successfully transferred to the watch. Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stop telling people to uninstall & reinstall the app. The app has a bug!
Fix it!!!!

Sincerely,
Your nearly former customer
Best Answer

I agree, I've reinstalled and restarted every time I've been asked and it NEVER WORKS.  I have a samsung galaxy s9 which is brand new with updated software and OS.  This app is simply broken.  It has been months and still no fix.  This app is a selling point of this watch which you are still featuring on your TV spots!  This is false advertising and I want my money back so I can go buy a Samsung watch like I should have done before...  do NOT reply back with the same generic response I've heard a dozen times already.  This is a bug in YOUR application, not mine...

Best Answer
Thanks. I tried as suggested but still failed. I supplied the requested
information to support via chat.
Pete
Best Answer
still does not work...exhausted ...lol...

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR

Like everybody else on this thread, we have all tried the obvious steps outlined. There is clearly a problem with the App itself, specifically with the App syncing with a mobile device when attempting to "Send Course to Tracker".

No problems if you are not in a position to fix the problem directly. Please escalate and connect us with the people who can, either at FitBit or GameGolf.

Thanks.

Best Answer