Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

I can’t download contra costa country club

Update: Yes I have done all this, I can download other course without doing anything it’s just one specific course I can download no matter what I do

Moderator edit: updated post 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @shastaman, if you've tried the steps I and @AdonisAstray have shared with you, but your courses don't sync. Please note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

If there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime, let us know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marre,

Game Golf has been workingoing fine for me for months.  Since the upgrade to 33.1.30, the courses are downloading to my Ionic but when I select a course, my Ionic crashes back to the page in apps where Game Golf icon is displayed.

It looks like the data has been downloaded successfully to my Ionic as the courses appear when I select Game Golf from the Ionic app page. 

On my iPhone  (6s) Game Golf settings page the courses I have selected appear in blue with a blue check mark inside  a blue circle. This representation usually indicates a successful upload to the tracker.  But, since the recent version upgrade, the Game Golf app does not work.

Please have the techs fix the problem!

Thanks,

Mike

Ionic, Charge 2, iPhone 6s

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

i never got it work right and my Ionic died. I'm finding another watch. Not going w/ Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi @Gatorjoe74! Sorry to hear you go. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it’s worth I can sync some courses but not others, leading me to think it’s an issue with the app developer, not specifically Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
One of the recent updates fixed the issue I was having. The application is working and I am able to download courses. Now my only issue is the app drains my battery and I can't get through a complete round before my watch dies. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @darkshark and @RogerLuech! I'm glad to hear that you can sync the majority of your courses. 

In regards to the battery drain, we want to let you know that our we have forwarded your feedback to our product team in regard to Ionic's battery drain when using Game Golf. 

Please be sure that your Ionic is fully charged before starting a round of golf to get the most out of your battery life. It might also be a good idea to perform a restart prior to starting your game. 

If you have not done so already, I also recommend using the contact developer link found in the app description. This will help Game Golf prioritize this issue.

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any connection following up on this?

I have been trying for days to get some courses on my ionic for days and it just doesn't happen. 

It just stays on the 0/3 page saying "building golf courses (0/3)" forever.

Please can this be fixed, or am I doing something wrong!??!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rusbunga,

There is another app that I really like - Golf GPS.  Much easier to use and has more features.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! been able to sync course before but now it doesn't work anymore.

When will this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rushbunga,

Game Golf was difficult to use when it was working.  I gave up on it in December.

I use Golf GPS.  It works, more features.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blasko,

Thanks, I suppose Fitbit have just given up on this app.

Will give Golf GPS a go

Ionic, Oneplus7Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
For sure, that goes without saying. I had the app shut down on the back
nine. It’s a cerebral change. At first I stayed at one course because it
was too hard to update a new course.
Three was the max always.

Delete old
Sync
Select new
Sync

If you can’t find the course or courses you’re looking for, let them know.

--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a bit of a mission but once you get used to it you’ll see that it
doesn’t really get any easier.
The apps been around for a while now.
You have to sync it every time you load/unload a course.
Let me know how it’s going.
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AdonisAstray,

I have tried that multiple times, I found all three course that I wanted to sync, but it never changes from the course building screen for ages.

It just doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, I remember having to log out of the app on the watch and the log back
in.
I remember it being a bit of a pain in the neck... lower part of the neck
actually, like below the ribs and hip bone.
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Game Golf seems to like to like having your cell phone near by.  I keep mine in my pocket with the Fitbit dashboard up.

I need to ask the developer about that.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea, I inevitably keep it in the cart. I don't worry too much because all
the courses I've been playing are on the app.

Let me know what the developer says please, I'd like to hear their feedback

--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rusbunga@Blasko, and @AdonisAstrayI am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback.

We don't have any updates yet, but I'd recommend taking a look at this post and try the recommendations provided. 

Le us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes