Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
Hi- I haven’t heard anything for a while and I hope that means they are just taking the time to get it right. The simpler the better I think- that way it won’t eat up battery life and still let me know when to leave the 19th hole!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You and a lot of others @SunsetRunner . There are a few threads discussing the Golf app which you might want to keep an eye on here

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I merged several threads about Golf tracking app to a more general thread about the same to keep this topic organized. 

The Golf App is coming soon. I understand this has been delayed for a while now. However, the Fitbit team is still working on it. I'm sure the app they are preparing will be great, that is why is taking some time. Stay tuned for updates!

Thanks for your patience. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I’m sure it will be great. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Doug
Best Answer

I hear ya.  Iive my Ionic as well but was hoping for this app to be available as well.  I also have the Garmin S20 but if this game golf app can do everything it does with the stats and showing where your ball goes on the app after then I'll be one happy man.  Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey -

Thanks for consolidating the various threads regarding Fitbit Golf inquiries.

I recently purchased the Ionic with the thought that there would be a golf app. I am hoping it comes out soon - thanks again -

pjh08

Best Answer

Hi Santi,

We just need to know what "soon" looks like.  Is it ->. It's developed and in testing and we are ironing out some bugs before releasing or -> we are still developing..  and is soon days, weeks or months?   Just an honest answer will be better that dragging everyone along and losing good will.. cheers 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, Santi.  Definitely looking forward to the golf app. Do you know if we'll be able to access our exercise app while using the game golf app?  I posted a feature suggestion previously regarding access to other apps while tracking an exercise. Another user posted a similar suggestion titled Multi-tasking. Obviously I'm interested in tracking my shots and rangefinder, but it would be nice to track my exercise in parallel too.

Best Answer

Hello,

So I received an email today saying new apps were available including Game Golf which I have been hanging out for. However, when logging into the available apps - it's not there. Can anyone tell me where to find it please? Thanks

Best Answer

I got the email too and it linked to a blog entry. In there it said that app was "coming soon"

Best Answer
Thanks Steve - I’ll keep waiting then. Keen to give it a go though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just paid for my phone golf app so take your time.  I won't be in the market for a golf app until next February.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't say that we want this app now! Haha
Best Answer

wrote:

Hello everyone! I merged several threads about Golf tracking app to a more general thread about the same to keep this topic organized. 

The Golf App is coming soon. I understand this has been delayed for a while now. However, the Fitbit team is still working on it. I'm sure the app they are preparing will be great, that is why is taking some time. Stay tuned for updates!

Thanks for your patience. See you around! Smiley Happy

My bet is that the golf app will be part of a major update Fitbit is preparing for us Ionic owners!

Best Answer

Hey the donn57, be careful of the battery usage of a golf gps app on your phone. I used one and it had significantly drained my phone in about 15 holes. I was using that phone for work too, so it became a problem and I stopped using the app. Maybe I should have just quit work! Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would think this golf app will not need a phone to work, the ionic has GPS so it should be a stand alone app just like the Garmin watch fenix just load the course that your playing and your good to go. 

Best Answer

I've been using them for years.  My Pixel 2 is only about 40% drained after 18 holes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would hope so, but it's too late this year.  Hopefully, it's even better next year if it ever comes out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes I agree.  The battery issue I mentioned was a phone only app.  I think the Iconic will be a perfect match for a golf gps app! Can’t wait!

Best Answer

Hello friends! Thank you all for posting on this thread regarding the Golf App that is coming soon for Fitbit Ionic and for your excitement towards it.

Honestly, I do not have an exact time frame as to when this app will be released. The only information I have is that "it is coming soon". Personally, I believe it shouldn't take that long though, I'm sure the Fitbit team is working on a great Golf App that will be so good that all the time waiting will be worth it. Smiley Very Happy Anyways, I will let you know if I find out anything about a possible time frame for release.

Rest assured that once I have more details about the app and how exactly it's gonna work, I'll be posting that here.

Please stay tuned to this thread for more updates about this app!

As always, thank you all for your patience. I'll see you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer