Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf App Just Stops

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past few weeks, the golf activity app simply stops tracking at 16 minutes on the Ionic. When I first got the device, I'd start it, let it connect and it would last the entire round. Now it just poops out and I have multiple entries because I have to keep restarting it. Yes, the battery is fully charged. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I also see there's a device update for the Ionic...I'm currently on version 27.32.4.19. How many updates off is my device, hasn't updated in a while. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Asyd I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here.

Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the Golf app. First, I'd recommend updating your Ionic to its latest version (version 32.10.15). You are currently on the previous one. Check this post for more details

If you keep experiencing the same after doing that; you can try removing the app from your watch and then downloading it back again. This has helped other users in the past.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now on the new firmware and the issue persists. I will try removing the app, but didn't know that was possible as it's one of the exercise apps that is preinstalled under "exercise" and I didn't see an uninstall option -- but will check again.

In an effort to get this golf app under exercise to work I factory reset my Ionic and NOW can't get it to connect to my phone even after following instructions here. This shouldn't be this difficult or time-consuming...makes for a less than ideal user experience. 

On an unrelated matter, any reason why notifications by email aren't being sent for my topic subscriptions? A notification wasn't sent for your or any other topics I follow even though I've set it up to do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Asyd Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my delayed response. Thanks for providing that information and for trying those steps. 

The Game Golf GPS App is not part of the pre-installed apps on Ionic. So, you can remove and reinstall that one. 

I think you are referring to the golf exercise shortcut within your Ionic exercise app, which cannot be removed. 

You are probably experiencing the exercise shortcut crashing sometimes, is this correct? If this is the case, this is a situation that Fitbit is looking at already.

As per your subscription, check on the thread options if you are subscribed. It is the 3 dots at the corner of the thread. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes