Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Fitbit sense 2 supposed to get access to the app gallery?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the new Fitbit Sense 2 supposed to get access to the app gallery?   Right now you can download and build custom apps on the older Sense, but not the new Sense 2.

Being able to put custom apps on the device is very important to me - so I would like to know if this feature is coming / planned, or I should just go back to the older Sense and return the Sense 2?

PS:  Other than this I really like the Sense 2 better.   I have no intention of getting a pixel watch because I am an IOS user, and I love the sense's multi day battery life and it works well with an IPhone.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

If Sense 2 does not have the same capabilities as Sense within 30 days I will return the watch. I have no reason to buy a downgrade 

Best Answer

The Sense 2 already has access to the Gallery Clocks and Apps but as developers are not allowed to write them currently, or ever, as it is unknown yet why this is, there is no way of knowing what will be made available and when.

The Sense 2 and Versa 4 are not the upgrade to the Sense and Versa 3, as some features have been removed, and others do not work as well, so it would be a good idea to consult the forums for the watches before paying extra for them and being disappointed.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks for information! I do see that there are a few apps I can install by Fitbit, most of which are pre-installed already but all the apps not written by Fitbit appear to say "Not supported".   I guess this is what you mean about developers not being allowed to write them.    I wish someone from Fitbit would make a statement about the missing features other than a generic response.   Give the real reasons for why certain features are included / not included, and what the roadmap/plan is for the sense 2 updates.  

Best Answer