Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get fitbit to recognize the 30 minutes of exercise I do on my stationery bike?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a recumbent, stationery bike I get on for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week.  Is there a way to have my fitbit records add in that time/distance/calories burn to my stats? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

If you will use the Exercise App on your wrist to start and stop your workout it will always be recorded as an exercise session.  Depending on which Fitbit model you have, you will also have the choice of at least 20 different options of what to call the workout, including spinning, or just "workout" which is a good general purpose one.  Actually the workout type you choose really is just for your own reference to help remember what you were doing.  The workout log will show the time and calorie burn.  You won't get a distance measurement for a few reasons.  You can get distance if you are doing something outside using GPS, or if you are doing a step based activity, such as walking on treadmill, where Fitbit can count steps and multiply times stride length.  But on a bike, your arms are not swinging with leg movement to count steps, and even if they were, there are other factors such as gear ratio built into bike that Fitbit cannot know.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes