Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest App is not working on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Fitbit Versa Special Edition but the nest app will not work.

I have an android phone: LG Stylo 3

This is what happening:

1. I installed the App and gave it full permissions
  2. Using the app settings I log in on my nest account
  3. I can open the app on my Versa and it finds my Nest thermostat and it shows the current temperature and humidity.
  4. The problem occurs when I try to adjust the temperature: it shows that it has changed on the app but nothing happens on the thermostat, Is like the command never reaches the nest thermostat.

This is what I have done so far to troubleshoot the problem:

• I checked the Nest App on my phone under the "work with nest" section and it shows the Fitbit has permissions to connect to my Nest Account.
  • I verified that the Nest thermostat was not on Eco mode or in cool/heat mode. The Nest was on cool mode.
  • I removed the application from my watch, removed the permissions from my Nest app for Fitbit on my phone. 
  • I re-installed the application on my Versa and re-logon on my nest account from the watch app
  • I then verified that the Fitbit was allowed on my Nest app on my phone and try again from my watch with the same result:
  • I can open the app on my Versa, I can see the Name of my Thermostat,  It's in Home Mode, I press "View All thermostats" and I can see the current temperature, the Up and Down arrows, and the current Humidity. But If I change the temperature using the arrows, is show the new temperature on the watch BUT nothing happens on the actual thermostat, it never changes.
  • I have Alexa on my house and I can control the thermostat with Alexa commands with no problem.
  • I can also control the Nest from the App on my Phone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Dissapointing but feels like its a Google decision - luckily you have just been bought by them - maybe they will fix this ... like others this is just about the most useful app other than messaging and fitness

Best Answer
0 Votes