Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest app opens but gives a black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I installed the Nest app ( on my recently updated Versa) and it doesnt work. The app opens but all I get is a black screen. I've logged into my Nest account, but on my web dashboard it doesnt show as given access. Any idea's?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Xhermes Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with the Nest app.

Please check that you have turned on all the required permissions this app needs in order to work correctly:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
  4. Tap or click Permissions.
  5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
  6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.

Also, check if the app has a pending update. Check this article for more details on this.

If the app is still not working after checking the above; please uninstall it, restart your watch, and install the app back.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately all permissions are set but no dice 😞 . Reboot of device and phone also no response.

Any idea?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for following the tips and recommendations provided by @SantiRI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes