Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nursing- Face clock with second hand that doesn't time out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm in nursing school and I've been wanting a fitbit since they first came out forever ago but in order to avoid wearing two watches I've been waiting for them to come out with one that has a face clock with a second hand that does not time out. OR that times out after 1 minute in order to do respirations/HR for a full minute. Does the ionic have this feature?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm confident Ionic will have a chronograph screen now the developers answered the nursing call on the Blaze earlier this year.  If you have a Blaze you just need to choose "chronograph" from the display faces available and sync. Start and stop with the lower right button:

04B-Chronograph-1024x576.jpg

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I'm confident Ionic will have a chronograph screen now the developers answered the nursing call on the Blaze earlier this year.  If you have a Blaze you just need to choose "chronograph" from the display faces available and sync. Start and stop with the lower right button:

04B-Chronograph-1024x576.jpg

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer

I think you are missing the point! The screen still turns off after 15 seconds. Have you even tried the clock face you claim that solved this issue?

Best Answer

Yes sir, stays on when I use it, adds minutes to the tally as it continues again and again around the dial, try it - you have to push the right lower button to activate, and right lower button to halt, stays on until stopped.

Come back to confirm you have it working as well @Martinefski

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

Maybe I have a setting wrong but when I press that button it tries to bring up my notifications. I truly hope you are right because I know a lot of nurses who would like this feature, more so if it was actually part of the stop watch....

Best Answer

@Martinefski wrote:

I think you are missing the point! The screen still turns off after 15 seconds. Have you even tried the clock face you claim that solved this issue?

Have you tried it? It does stay on until you stop it. 

Best Answer

Yes I have its still not staying on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I was wrong!

I was touching the little arrow on the screen not the button on the side of the watch. 

Thanks for for pointing this out it will be very helpful to me.

Best Answer

Excellent, when done hit the finish flag (top right button) to return to all zeros 😉

(while you were testing I double checked still operable and I wouldn't disappoint - it is)

Sample after 3min 12 secs ONSample after 3min 12 secs ON

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

Is there any way to activate this feature on the charge 2?

Best Answer

Yes and it stays on. I use it all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I set it?

Best Answer

I just wear two watches to clinical and look like a crazy person. But I also wear my watch on my dominant hand so inaleeI a kinda did.

Best Answer

So on my Apple watch it senses when my hand moves to look at my watch face and I can take rr/ hr etc with one hand. I would prefer to go back to a fit bit for several reasons (comfort and battery life to name a few) but I need to access a watchface with a second hand that doesn’t require me hitting a button. I need both of my hands in the ED..... but I love the Fitbit watches- is there a face or function that can help me?

Best Answer

@AdrianRN wrote:

but I need to access a watchface with a second hand that doesn’t require me hitting a button. I need both of my hands in the ED..... but I love the Fitbit watches- is there a face or function that can help me?

Which Fitbit are you using? The above people seem to be talking about the Fitbit Blaze.

For the Fitbit Ionic/Versa there are a few third-party developer watch faces which have an always on screen mode.

Best Answer

I am currently a nursing student and I have tried all the chronograph clock faces for the Versa and this is my favorite. However, I can see having to push the button for the stop watch being a problem in the future. If for some reason I have to time something and have gloves I can't touch the Versa.

Can anyone add the option to turn the "always on" off/on? This way we can save battery on the days we don't need this feature.

Best Answer

So I bought the Versa and you are right! The Blaze was not a good fit for work.... but the Versa is excellent!!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @EstelleP, it's nice to have a new member around here! Robot Very Happy I'm glad to hear you both @AdrianRN and @EstelleP) are having such a great time with your Versa. 

I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the ideas and leave a comment to show support for it. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@AdrianRN, I am a nurse, and I also want a fitness tracker that stays permanently "on" so that I can count vitals, etc. Are you happy with the Versa? Does it definitely offer this feature?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @jmatt57, it's nice to see you around here! I'm glad to hear you're interested in our Fitbit trackers. We recommend checking out our comparison page at https://www.fitbit.com/compare, where you can see at a glance the features that each tracker provides. 

On Fitbit Versa and Ionic, you can keep the screen on for as long as 60 seconds! 

On the other hand, we just created a new Feature Suggestion about having the ability to keep the screen on permanently. Please vote for that idea here. Smiley Very Happy This suggestion is currently "Under Consideration", you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes