Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philips Hue App keeps telling me I need to "Set Bridge IP"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Hue app on my Versa watch keeps telling me I need to "Set Bridge IP".  I've been using the app for awhile now, and I've done everything possible from shutting down my watch, powering  off my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app, uninstalling and reinstalling Hue App in Fitbit... nothing has worked.  My phone is an Android and I have checked for all updates.  At a loss and getting frustrated!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Quick resolution you all wont get. Fitbit knows about this issue, but doesn't give it a high prio. My issue is already 2 months at there support and still no update about it. 

Maybe for all of you, ITFFF is also a nice way to use it to control the Philips Hue lights. I had done that till I made our home smart with Google Nest. Then all above is not needed anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my I cannot believe this remains unanswered for such a long time!

I just noticed that they actually changed the app description without releasing an update. But this workaround doesn't appear to be working (yet?):

Screenshot_20200518-231100~2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for the answer.
They have already changed the description again and now confirm that the app is not currently working and you are working on a solution.
Let's hope the best...

Regards,

Silverchair

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, of course "They have already changed..."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am... surprised.

After updating the Fitbit Android app today suddenly and without any rime or reason the Hue app started working for me. For the first time ever on my Versa 2 even.

Support had just assured me that this had to be a user error, my error. And their IP range workaround was the only correct solution.

But I didn't change a thing this time and now it suddenly works. So... 🤷🏻‍

Best Answer

I agree.

It also works on my Ionic now.

A little more information would have been helpful, thet they solved it now 😃

Best Answer

After update shows up I have tried everything. Uninstalled Fitbit App from phone, factory reset of my Versa 2, unpairing, deleting app from watch and then reinstalling but none of this helped me. I have also changed subnets on my router to suggested two (192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24) in app notes (also with renewal of DHCP leases on router). App on Versa just still shows Set Bridge IP. Phone is on same network so bridge is accessible. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please can you help me moderators ? (Latest FW on all devices)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattros19 After reinstalling the app, did you configured the IP of the bridge again? Maybe the Error is correct this time and you have just forgotten it.

Best Answer

@Silverchair thanks for reply. Of course. Bridge IP was set up all time. Always correct. I have tested it in phone browser. Bridge is accessible via phone all time via LAN. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys,

I was having issues with connecting to my Philips Hue Bridge from my watch for a few days, reading many posts, it figured it out!

A few things I initially changes was to manually set the DHCP to Static IP within the given 0/24 range, and set this for the Bridge in the Hue App and then on my Phone IP using advanced WiFi settings.

So with the Hue app installed on my Versa 3, I clicked on the Bridge circular button to initiate a pairing connection.

Without this, neither the Bridge or the Watch will be able to connect together.

Remember you would have had to do this when you connected your bulb to the bridge!!

I'm now connected and loving life!

Enjoy ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in 192.168.100.x IP-space, and I don't have access to change it.

Fitbit / Philips, do you have a solution to overcome this limitation? Can you add 192.168.100.x to the list?

Best Answer
0 Votes