Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Windows App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The reason why Fitbit/Google removed the windows app is that they can track you easier on your cell phone.  Ladies, this is most troublesome because they could use your information to report you if you travel out of state for medical procedures not allowed in some states.  There aren't many mobile devices that use Windows, except laptops, but tablets and phones can be used to track all your activities and travel much easier.  It is just a coincidence that Google dropped the windows app shortly after Roe?  Why else would they remove the app from Windows?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner  the Windows app hadn't worked for me since Windows 8, so I never bothered to continue using it. Most people really do most of everything on their phones. I'm the sole holdout in my family as I still use a nice sized desktop computer. Fitbit has been going towards mobile phones for quite some time. In fact, they have removed a lot of features online that can only be viewed on the app. I feel location on a cell phone is important for various reasons, but not the one you mentioned. Years ago I saw a news program about a couple lost in a snow storm. Without gps on their phone they couldn't be located and they died. Tragic, but now the built in gps on the phones can help first responders find people who need help. Windows was removed because like so many things now, it's all gone mobile.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 , Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. 

@SunsetRunner  A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for sharing your inquiries here.
The Windows app is not longer supported, due the feedback received from users. The majority of users nowadays prefer to use a mobile device (phone, tablet, iPad, etc) as a primary device on a daily basis. 
I personally, only sit in front of a pc, when working, for the rest of my day and for other important things, I handle them mostly over my cell phone and the respective app. 

If you are worried about the data collected by any Fitbit device and Fitbit app please have a look at our :

Fitbit Privacy Policy

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer