Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks app does not sync from phone to Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought my Ionic yesterday, everything seems to be working well with just one exception: Starbucks app.

When I enter my Starbucks card number into the app on my iPhone 8 it accepts the number but when the phone syncs with the Ionic the card will not show.

I subsequently added a credit card on the phone, synced and the credit card now appears on the Ionic.  It's just the Starbucks app that does not.

The Starbucks app is the default Starbucks app that came with the phone (I've not tried uninstalling and reinstalling).  My Fitbit account is registered as being in the USA.  My Starbucks card is registered with Starbucks.

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Simondh Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for providing all of that information regarding the Starbucks App and card. Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still experiencing the same?

Please check if the permissions are turned on. If these are off it may cause the app to stop functioning:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  • Tap or click Apps.
  • In the list of apps installed on your watch, find Starbucks. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
  • Tap or click Permissions.
  • If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
  • Tap or click Save to save your changes.

Id these are on and you keep experiencing the same you might want to try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was still having the problem but then last week, before seeing your post, I updated the Ionic's OS to v2.  Problem with the Starbucks app persisted.  But it got worse than that... couldn't even hard reset the Ionic.

Took the device back to the Microsoft store and they replaced it.  New device now working fine - including the Starbucks app!

Best Answer

@Simondh Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that the retailer in which you bought it replaced the watch for you.

I'm also glad to hear that the Starbucks App and every other feature is working fine now. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Fitbit Community. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes