Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava disappeared from the Fitbit App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a versa 3 yesterday and tried to install the strava app but when I searched for it it says it’s not found. Is strava no longer available?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

It seems to no longer be working! My accounts are connected and runs are no longer uploading to Strava!

Best Answer

Screwed us over by not providing the music app for Sense.
Now screwing us by removing Strava.

What is next?

Best Answer

Yeah I’m fed up. And I can’t return my newest futon it because it’s been over 45 days. One of the main reasons I got it was because it worked so well with strava. I’m so mad!

Best Answer

I discovered that the Strava app had disappeared after my runs stopped syncing onto Strava and I contacted support who are usually excellent. In this case I spent a lot of time getting nowhere with them.
My watch is saying I am connected to Strava but it won’t sync after all the suggestions support have made. I’m so disappointed as I love my Fitbit and have been with you for several years, but think I’ll be trying a different brand if this isn’t sorted.  

Best Answer

Same results here starting yesterday. Although I still have the Strava app on my Fitbit I don't really care about it going away as it was of limited usefulness. What I do care about is my Fitbit workouts automatically syncing with Strava after completion. I know you can export them and upload them manually to Strava but what a hassle. If the ability to automatically sync to Strava has gone away it will be time for me to say goodbye to Fitbit and go somewhere else. Very disappointed if they actually removed this. If they did they should be more transparent about it.

Best Answer

I agree with you...they definitely should have been more transparent- I feel like I’ve spent a lot of time over the weekend on a wild goose chase.  I just wish they would either sort it or at least let you know if it’s not going to be sorted!!

Best Answer

@Colleenglenn - the link between Fitbit and Strava is handled on the Strava side.  Unlinking and then relinking fixes most problems, but it will only address future activities.  Keep on mind the Strava will only import new gps activities and it won’t import duplicate activities (ie if you are trying to record an activity both with your Fitbit and your phone - or any other device, the Fitbit activity won’t import).  Check this article from Strava support to troubleshoot. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks yes I know this and tried several times. The problem is that Fitbit actually told me that they no longer support strava- I’m guessing this means workouts will no longer sync into strava. They silently removed the app from the devices and now you can’t even connect the apps! I need strava so I may have to switch from Fitbit to Garmin or apple

Best Answer

Doesn’t sound like they’re going to sort it out. I may have to switch brands!

Best Answer

It shows on my watch that I have the strava app and I want to delete it but I cant find in on my fitbit app on my phone anywhere so what am I supposed to do then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will this oversight be corrected? The apps that appear to be available in the Fitbit App Gallery are very sub standard and not worth using.

The point of Strava is also including GPS which the fitbit app is unfortunately missing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has stated that they simply don't support Strava anymore. Isn't this counterintuitive, or is it just me? I want to use every app available to feel better, get stronger and maintain fitness. Why would Fitbit take a tool out of our toolbox? It's this kind of stuff that pisses me off.

JohnZen

Best Answer

Not cool. Fitbit needs to make more tools available to its users, not less. Going on my 13th year wearing a Fitbit.

Bring back Strava!!!

Best Answer
last year was my last year wearing a fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the strava app be coming back to Fitbit? It’s really the only reason I bought a Fitbit and I kinda feel ripped off. Had I known i couldn’t use strava anymore I would have bought a garmin 

Best Answer

Why isn't it available??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not sure. When I bought a fit bit 5 years ago it came with strava right out of the box. I lost and had to replace my watch and the new one doesn’t come with strava and it is no longer even an option via the fit bit App Store. Bit disappointed as I loved using it to compete with friends and track my runs over time against others in my area. I would have got a garmin had I known Fitbit was no longer strava comparable

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@bootserin — you can still link your Fitbit and Strava accounts. Follow the instructions here.

Once the accounts are linked, the runs you track on your Fitbit will upload to fitbit and then synch to Strava. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit isn’t syncing with Strava, I have tried to disconnect and reconnect over the past two days. Is anyone else having issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Michael82 -- I've tested and I'm still works for me. Remember, Strava will only sync over fitbit activities that have GPS data. That means you've got to start and end the activity from your device, and then upload it to Fitbit. Once you see the activity, with GPS data, on Fitbit, it should be available to sync over to Strava. 

StravaStravaFitbit activityFitbit activity

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes