Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava on watch won't track a run?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I bought the Ionic so I didn't need to use my phone anymore when running but the Strava app on the watch won't allow me to start a run. When I click on the app it says, no recent activity, record a run to see a list of recorded activities here. Is this because it can't track via the app on the watch? I have used the general 'run' tracker but again this isn't syncing to Strava on the watch or to the Strava app on my phone. I have checked and my watch is paired with my Strava. I was under the impression I should be able to click Strava on the watch and hit go pretty much?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joanne

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I think you got it all wrong. You need to connect Fitbit with your Strava account. Fitbit should automatically upload your runs and other GPS-based activities which are recorded with Exercise app. Strava app on the watch is mere viewer of such activities.

Here's how to link both accounts:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1742

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mnpy4jh2. I see @SunsetRunner has good info. 

Let's first look at the ionic Strava app, this is simply a dashboard of your Strava account and only designed to show a few of your recent recorded Strava history. 

Once you have linked your Strava account to your Fitbit account your GPS recorded runs will be sent to Strava as @SunsetRunner. explains. Then the ionic Strava app will be able to display the data. So yes you will not have to carry the phone with you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

But my recent runs aren’t showing on either and the accounts are connected?

Jo

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your GPS recorded runs show up in your Fitbit account? 

Have you tried revoking access to Strava and setting the link back up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes