Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The weather app won't update on my Versa Lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa Lite weather won't sync to my current location. I've restarted phone and Fitbit and it continues to show a location that I was at back in May.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

HI, @Bandut - Have you modified the Weather settings yet?

To do so, in the Fitbit app, click the profile photo => Device photo => Gallery tile, find your Weather App => Settings and remove any cities and enable current location, sync the watch and see if that helps.

You can even change between Degrees and Centigrade.

Also check the permissions are correct.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Bandut. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the Weather app before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, please check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather app is only working when I am synced and connected to the fitbit app on my phone. Does this app not work over wifi? Any help would.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather app is only working when I am synced and connected to the fitbit app on my phone. Does this app not work over wifi? Any help would.

alaskasworld

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @sgsg85 - The Weather app only uses Bluetooth [using wifi would be a tremendous drain on the battery].

Weather app also does not have to be synced and connected for it to work, it has to be recently synced or connected with the phone.

If the communications between the watch and phone is working normally, there won't be a problem.

Try the free SimpleCheckUp app. This will tell you when you last synced and if its connecting well to the Fitbit App, directly on the watch, so you don't need to get your phone out to check. It may help with sorting out issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried that and it's still showing a previous location. I even went to my weather app and deleted that previous location and the Fitbit is still showing that previous location. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bandut-  In the Weather App settings did you leave it with just current location, make sure the Weather app permissions are also granted, and that the phone has location enabled and sync again?

Best Answer
0 Votes