Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Tennis app in my Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to install Tennis app in my fitbit versa. the install bar start downloading and once it completes it asks again to install. i have tried multiple times but its not adding in my apps. Please advise how to approach in this case.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see that a few of you have been able to install the Tennis app. 

Fitbit Labs has just released a new version (v1.2.1) which should help resolve installation issues. If you are still trying to install the app, please follow each of the steps detailed in this article

If after performing the steps above you are still having issues installing feel free to let me know!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I can’t download the Tennis app from Fitbit Labs. The pink bar fills up like it’s dowloading, but once full it reverts back to the pink “install” button. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting advice from FitBit Live Support. 

Anyone ne else have this issue? My Ionic is brand new, I’ve had it for 5days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not seeing that on the Versa. Note, Fitbit Labs apps are experimental and may contain bugs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @AnkitLalwani! Thanks for troubleshooting this, nice way to go! 

It sounds like the app isn't completing the installation. I would like you to restart your Versa and try to install it again

The same thing happened to me before with another app and the reason was that my watch wasn't syncing so when the app finished the installation, it started again as it couldn't connect to the Versa. 

On the other hand, if you see the Tennis app listed under the 'My Apps' tabs but the update did not resolve the issue. I recommend scrolling down and tapping the 'remove' button and attempting a fresh installation. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it is still not working. I restarted the watch and app multiple times, even i tried removing and adding eevice again. I tried to sync multiple times and the sync is working. I am getting this error for few seconds “unable to connect to versa” and it goes away immediately. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to add on to above. The Tennis app shows up in “my apps” only when the install in progress. It goes away when the bar completes. The Sync seems ti be working since it did that multiple times when it is in progress. I do not see any update or remove option for tennis app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another Update: I tried to install few other apps (to do list, treasure tek, uber) and they seems to work perfectly fine. I guess the problem is only with the Tennis App. I am using Iphone X with IOS version 12.1 . let me know if someone can help fix it. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with Versa firmware version 32.32.12.19, trying to install with Samsung S8 Fitbit app version 2.83.

Install bar progresses then after reaching full bar immediately goes back to "Install" again. Have restarted Versa & phone, factory reset Versa, no dice.SmartSelect_20181128-074848_Fitbit.gif

Best Answer

I am facing the same problem, any idea on how to get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it looks to be an issue with the Tennis app, seeing multiple posts about it. I hope someone from Fitbit labs developer can provide an update on this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing those details @AnkitLalwani and @jpohanAlthough we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback as we look for new ways to deliver smart, insightful and motivating experiences. Share your feedback through this form. For general troubleshooting tips for apps and clock faces, see How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it is also happening on my FitBit Ionic. The Tennis app worked fine until I got the update last night and installed 27.32.12.19 - Now I have the same problem as everyone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Paul500W! Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same inconvenience with your Tennis App. 

As I mentioned above,  we don't provide specific troubleshooting or support for Fitbit Labs apps or clock faces at this time, we welcome user feedback. Share your feedback through this form. However, I already reported this issue to our team, if any updates come available, I'll make sure to let you know. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. I have submitted the feedback form and mentioned this issue details. we are hoping for the fix to come out soon.

Best Answer

Thanks a lot for your understanding and for submitting the feedback form @AnkitLalwani! Stay tuned for further updates on this.

Best Answer

Have exactly the same issue with my Ionic. Anyone can help resolve this?

Would really love to try out the tennis app!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zbig @Sgdeshmukh @Michrhall Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your posts to the Fitbit App Gallery Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here. Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing while installing the Tennis app.

In this case, if you see they Tennis app under "My Apps" please scroll down and tap the "remove" button and attempt a fresh installation.

You could also try performing a restart on your watch and try the installation again.

Also, if you haven't done so already, please update Ionic to the latest OS version. Check this post to get details on how to do this.

@SunsetRunner Thank you very much for sharing your help on this thread.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Big thanks to everyone who reported this issue. Our team has informed me that this issue should now be resolved. 

If you were having issues downloading the Tennis app on to you your watch, I recommend performing a quick restart and attempting the download again. 

If you continue experiencing any difficulty downloading the Tennis app, please let me know and I will inform our engineering team. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is working now. thanks so much for the efforts and fixing it quickly. Looking forward for more new innovative apps from fitbit labs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @AnkitLalwani! I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. Woman Very Happy 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes