Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to invite people to the challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to start a challenge on the updated Fitbit app. I go to Discover, pick challenges and adventures and pick the challenge but there is no option to invite people to the challenge. Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Schoen5310. It's great to see a new member around!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I'm sorry for the issues that you've experienced after updating the Fitbit app. This sounds strange and so I can further investigate, please provide me with the following:

• Your phone's model and OS version.
  • Screenshot of what is displayed after choosing a challenge. For instructions to attach it in your reply, check this post.
  • Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.

In the meantime, try to log out from the Fitbit app, close the Fitbit app from the open apps, reboot your phone, log back in and participate in the challenges one more time.

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found a work around and now am able to start challenges

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the the theme of the app has been changed it seems like you can only make or accept invites to challenges after the syncing period is over. Like after a challenge is done it will say something like “Waiting for others to sync” and until that goes away you cannot make or accept challenge invites. What annoys me with that is that by the time you are able to create or accept challenge invites half of the day is already over making the challenges useless. I notice that my friends don’t want to join challenges if I invite them too late in the day and not either in advance or by the morning. Fitbit needs to fix this because if they don’t then the challenges are now useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes