Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync the Weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have not been able to sync the weather app on my Versa for over a year now. I have tried every solution posted on the forums here:

1. ensured that my phone enables location services to be used for fitbit

2. enabled all permissions inside the weather app in fitbit

3. shutdown and restarted the fitbit

4. changing units / adding cities to the weather app to force any kind of reset

5. sync- and re-sync daily for a while and still doesn't show up

Short of a factory reset, I have tried everything. I would do a factory reset as well if there was a way to restore it to its current settings. Please advise. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry but the one vital piece of info that is missing is the type of phone? 

Does your app have permission to run while in the background? Is weather the only issue that you have? Notifications and GPS work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In response to your question, it is an iPhone 6s. Weather is the only issue I have. Notifications work well. I have never tried GPS. 

As far as I believe,  the app has permissions to run in background (i.e. I have enabled Fitbit background permissions in the iPhone settings, and app permissions within fitbit). Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue you are. I have tried everything to get the weather app to show up to no avail. I am using a LG Stylo 2 for the phone. All permissions granted. The phone shows weather as an installed app but no data is being sent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since one is android and the other is iOS.. They might be different answers. 

On android power management should be disabled for Fitbit for both they need to be allowed to run while in background. For android the notification services should be running. 

Best Answer
0 Votes