Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Airlines App Shows "Not Connected"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

United Airlines app has trouble logging in and when it finally does it says on my Fitbit versa that it's "Not connected" but it is synced and all other apps work 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Hi @Fitgymer, thanks for stopping by! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your United Airlines App. 

Please uninstall and reinstall the app and let me know if the issue persists. 

I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing this same issue. If the app isn't showing "Not connected" it is showing "couldn't find any flights."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I am within 10 hours of my flight so when it is connected it should be showing my flight information. Please help. This was a big selling point for me in getting this fitbit and it is disappointing that this app hasn't been working properly.

Best Answer

Most Fitbit apps dont work and thought I would try the Fitbit United app and it doesn't neither does the  Starbucks app why build apps if they dont work?

Best Answer

I am within 36 hours of my flight and my app says couldn’t find any flights. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times and also have a good WiFi and Bluetooth connection. This is very frustrating as I was really looking forward to using this app while traveling!

image.jpg

Best Answer

Hi there @oobabydolloo3@Whydoesyourapps, and @nolo1201! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the United Airlines App for Fitbit watches. 

I wanted to jump in this thread to let you know that our team is currently working on this. All of your reports are taken seriously so we can better your experience. Rest assured that once I have any updates about this; will let you know.

Thanks for your reports, feedback, and patience.

I'll keep you posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm hoping to get updated. My watch won't connect. I have done everything listed in the thread and nothing has been resolved. Really frustrating because I never got my Fitbit Blaze fully connected so to have a connection issue with a Fitbit app within days of getting a new one is frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of folks frustrated by the United app. This app is one of the main reasons I considered the Ionic and why my wife got it for me for Christmas.

Yes, I have tried all of the above "fixes."

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here guys @Masaryou and @DachsBob! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. 

As I've mentioned in my post above, our team is currently working on this situation. Don't hesitate that once I have any updates about this; will let you know.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Interestingly, the app worked when I first installed it, then stopped. Do you think the problem may have resulted from a watch update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I suggest that this should not be marked as "Solved.  The app does not work.  Yes, I have tried:

- Uninstallling / Reinstalling the United App

- Restarting the Fitbit Versa

It still says Not Connected on the watch, but the settings on the app on the phone says logged in.  I'm syncing fine with other apps and core Fitbit stats.

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Welcome on board @Aggiewolv, it's nice to see you around the forums! Have you tried the tips and recommendations that my friend @SantiR has shared here?

Looking forward to you response! 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @passe-partout and @BDGR! I really appreciate your time and efforts in order to sort this out. 

Please refer to my post aboveour team is currently working on this situation. As soon as we have any update, we will keep you posted. 

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and flying out next week and hoping this is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalling and installing does not work for me and my Ionic. I try it once a month and have not seen a boarding pass QR for at least a year and a half. - NOT a fix!

Best Answer

I would like to add to the count another person who has uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the device, and has a great connection with the app on Windows 10 (Surface Book)… This item is not "Solved".

Before a moderator copies and pastes a reply, maybe we can ask a moderator to change the status of this thread title. That would be the first step in getting to a solution... admitting that there is a problem.

Best Answer

NOPE - uninstall and reinstall and restart does not work in any sequence for iPhoneX and Iconic 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fix it or pull it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add one more to the list. Uninstalling/Restart does not work either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks. Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update.

We temporarily removed the United app to investigate some reported issues. We hope to have it back in the App Gallery soon.

Note that you can’t re-install the app if you uninstall it during this time. Thank you for your patience while we continue our investigation. I will be sure to update you all as more information becomes available

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Good news! I have been informed by our engineers that a new version of the United app (version 1.0.3) has been released in the gallery. If you have not already done so, I recommend connecting your watch to Wi-Fi to update or updating the app manually

As a reminder, the Fitbit app needs to be running in the background while using the United app, otherwise, you may see the ‘not connected’ message. Additionally, flight statuses will appear when your reservation is within 36 hours of departure.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I still get a "not connected" message. The United Fitbit app is up to 1.0.5. I've uninstalled, turned the Fitbit (Versa) on and off, restarted the app. Nothing helps. Oddly, this used to work a few months ago - same phone, same watch. Most annoying. Fix it or remove it!

Best Answer