Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Airlines App Shows "Not Connected"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

United Airlines app has trouble logging in and when it finally does it says on my Fitbit versa that it's "Not connected" but it is synced and all other apps work 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69
I have the same issue.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
We all do! Fitbit has done NOTHING to address the issue for over 1+ years... they don’t remove the app because it helps sell the Versa! Can you say bait and switch? Too bad because I used to brag to everyone about how Fitbit was. Now I just warn people to purchase something else...
Best Answer

Still not working....uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted you name it.....and after July 23 update having trouble syncing to phone again....does anyone from Fitbit read these? Do they actually care?

Best Answer

United app still not working after mid-August phone app upgrade, which, btw, added some flash, but no new functionality. FitBit, please support your products our customers will wander

Best Answer

Hi all, sorry for the delay. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

I have spoken to our product team about this and it is currently being looked into. I will be sure to keep  you all updated as more information becomes available. 

In the meantime, I would recommend 1) Checking permissions are all set 2) Make sure their are no errors in Settings when connecting your United account 3) Make sure the Fitbit app is running in the background to access internet 4) and uninstall/reinstall the app if you have not done so already. 

As mentioned, I will keep you posted once I have more information. Thanks again for reporting this issue. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Done all of these......no fix....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
This is essentially the same as the answer posted over a month ago in
response to other complaints about this problem. How long does "currently
being looked into" take? As other users have said, the suggestions in this
answer are useless and do not solve the problem.
Best Answer

After using Fitbit for approximately a year I truly don't understand how you stay in business. This app along with many other features does not work or is buggy. You basically have one product and can't pull it off, please explain to me why customers should continue to buy Fitbit products if you can't support them

Best Answer
I am truly convinced that, because the app is linked to the United Airlines app, every time United updates its app the Fitbit version needs to be reviewed for updating as well.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, but if coding is well done it should be easy to check/update Fitbit app.....getting ready to replace.....probably not with Fitbit if things don't change....noticed after last Fitbit update that syncing is unstable/unreliable again....

Best Answer

Hi everyone @Mdenboer, @SunriseRun480, @BDGR, and @Hypatia1We are sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. We appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks for trying the steps provided by @MattFitbit. As mentioned, he has already spoken to our product team about this and it is currently being looked into. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more updates.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Has there been any update from the product team on the resolution of the problem with the United Airlines App on my Fitbit Versa Lite?

Best Answer

This is at best what appears...This is at best what appears...This is more often what does appear...This is more often what does appear...

Best Answer

I have a flight scheduled for the day after tomorrow that should be showing up in the app. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Marre, Matt, do you ever feel like a parrot, repeating the same thing over and over again?

Same issue as all the others still present in December, well over a year after it was first reported.

Most time when launching the app I get the Not Conencted error shown in message 8 of this post.  Trying the processes suggested in this post, ONE time I did get the screen shown in the first image of message 53, but at the bottom it said information would be displayed after I check in for my flight.  This was 5 hours AFTER I checked in for my flight tomorrow morning.

At this point the fitness tracking aspect of the watch are great, but the 'smart watch' abilities not so much.  Maybe Google will fix your app development teams when they take over next year.  And by fix, I do mean hire new developers who can write functional apps.

Best Answer

Same problem here and same answer I received >> "product team is working on it".

This is the second time in as many days that apps do not work on this device.  As you know there is another huge problem with Spotify that cannot get resolved.  I echo what was stated earlier.  How can so may customers have the same issues. Fitbit release apps and functionality that does not work??  really frustrating and disappointing to say the least.

If these issues are not resolved by your product team in the next 2 weeks they are going back to you and you can refund my money.  This is pathetic!!  I bought 2 of these.  one for myself and one for my wife who I had to convince that Fitbit was a better value than Apple.  Boy was I wrong...…..

Best Answer

It’s now December. I just got a fit bit versa 2 and am having the same issue. When will this be fixed??

Best Answer
I am getting a new smart watch for Xmas....will be an apple if this doesn’t get fixed in next couple of weeks......Fitbit is flaky updating/syncing to app and I just want something that works as advertised...I travel enough that United app would be useful....

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys your are promoting this watch which by the way I love for the fitness piece but it really is no better than the first Fitbit watch I had.  If you want to

promote, as you do on your commercials, that it is a contender to apple phone than you better make sure your watch does what you say it does.  I have seen a lot of posting where the United app does not work

period.  Fix it or stop

the false advertisement period.  Sooner than later this will get got to the consumer reports just saying

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just had a Versa upgrade to 32.70.714. The United app still doesn't work.
Many months ago we were assured that they were fixing the problem. Hello?
Best Answer
0 Votes