Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United App is not updating my flight or boarding information

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installed the united app and logged in but I am unable to get my flight info or bording passes. Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Good news! I have been informed by our engineers that a new version of the United app (version 1.0.3) has been released in the gallery. If you have not already done so, I recommend connecting your watch to Wi-Fi to update or updating the app manually

As a reminder, the Fitbit app needs to be running in the background while using the United app, otherwise, you may see the ‘not connected’ message. Additionally, flight statuses will appear when your reservation is within 36 hours of departure.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Chroma, hope you're doing great!  The tips below can help you set up and use apps developed for your watch. If an app doesn't work as expected, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. In order for apps to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. Many apps require internet access.
  2. Check if the app has a pending update. 
  3. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  4. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

If the steps above don't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the United Airlines app to see if this solves the issue. 

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  have installed the app, logged into my United account, validated I am connected to WiFi  and Double checked permissions. No matter what I do the United app says  not connected.

I sync again and again. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Tigger.Olsen! Thanks for trying the suggestions I shared above. Woman Wink

It might be best to try to reinstall the United app on your watch by selecting 'Remove' from the settings found in the United app within the Fitbit app. 

Once it is removed, you can install it again from the 'All Apps' section of the app gallery. 

To clarify, your phone (not just watch) will have to be paired to the same Wi-Fi network as your United. I would also double check to make sure Bluetooth is enabled. 

You can then start the setup process from the United app located on your watch face (do not start from within the United app). You will then be given the correct prompts to finish the setup process. 

Also, make sure that United's app is up to date. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @MarreFitbit, I validated that my phone (Android) and Fitbit are on the same WiFi network. I enabled classic Bluetooth pairing in addition to the standard Bluetooth. I removed the  United app from my Fitbit in the app. I then reinstalled the app. I then logged into my United account. When I did this the Fitbit screen changed to a swirling design then it went to a screen that in red said "Not Connected".

Any other ideas ? 

Best Answer

Thanks for the detailed information @Tigger.OlsenI've created a case to get you in contact with our Support team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Was this ever fixed?  I have similar problems with my United app not displaying my flights and boarding pass 

Best Answer
No. I have never been able to get it to work
Best Answer

I have a same problem here.  Bought Versa a few weeks ago and I can never make United app pulling my travel info.  All other Fitbit apps working absolutely great except this United app....

Best Answer

Hi @Chroma@Jason61, and @DastardlyDave! Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the United App. I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

I have the same exact same issue ...and so does my friend 

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit

Same issue here!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.   Just bought my Ionic and was looking forward to this app.   One of the few I was looking to use.  Hope there is a resolution soon.   Seems like there should be a fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Rhauer@SierraBravo, and @Flashy1, thanks for jumping in here! Also, thanks for letting me know about your situation with the United App on your watch that is not connecting. 

I'd like to provide you some extra troubleshooting for you to be able to use the United App on your watch. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Restart your watch, to do so, follow the instructions here.
2. Reinstall the United App, according to the instructions in this help article. 
3. Sync your tracker. 

Let me know if after the troubleshooting the issue persist. I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too. Did all of that .Still says not synced for about 15 seconds. Then says it can find no flights and I should put flights into my account.

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit!  

I believe Fitbit users in here are all smart enough to do the fundamental troubleshooting like re-start, re-install the app, re-sync, etc.  I've been waiting long enough over 72 hours from my 1st post, but all I see here are the same ol issue getting piled up for a solution from Fitbit.  Do something please, would you?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It worked beautifully a month ago. Now it's useless.

Best Answer

same here.  It worked fine for my flight in July and pulled in the flight info for my August/Sept flight but haven't been able to get the boarding pass to pull in.  It also changed the the time on my return since I'm in a different time zone but shouldn't have done so since the flight time was for my current time zone.....

update: I've completed the flight and there's no flight info in my United linked account but is still showing up on my Ionic.  It shows as connected but is clearly not updating/communicating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @mhouse@Wendigo922, and @Gocs! Thanks for jumping in here. Sorry to hear that you're still having inconveniences with your United App even after following the tips and recommendations. Thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting this. 

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Please add me - I used my ionic united app in August but now it won't work for my return flight.  I am very disappointed and would like this fixed asap.

Best Answer