Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United App is not updating my flight or boarding information

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installed the united app and logged in but I am unable to get my flight info or bording passes. Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

I am having the same problem!!!

It used to work really nicely and I would brag about how terrific the Versa was.  

Now I tell all my friends about how bad it has been because Fitbit still lists the app on their site, the app does not work any more and nothing is being done to fix the issue!!!!!

Myself and many friends purchased Versa because of United app, easy to see flight info one wrist when hands are full of luggage.  Now at least half have already switched to Apple iWatch and the other half, including me are giving FitBit until end of November to fix the app or at a minimum remove it from the App Galery, because it is dishonest!!!!!!

Best Answer

@MC224 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting that you are experiencing this situation with the United Airlines app. Thanks for providing your feedback about this. 

I don't currently have any updates regarding this. Fitbit is currently working on this and will let you know once I get any information about this. @mhouse 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

I'll keep you posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was working fine a month ago. It suddely is showing "Add flights". I have 4 upcoming flights with United.

I did all the restarting, syncing, uninstalling-installing etc.

Does not make sense!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @nycwalker, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your United App, nice way to go!

Since you've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, to clarify, your phone (not just watch) will have to be paired to the same Wi-Fi network as your United. I would also double check to make sure Bluetooth is enabled. 

You can then start the setup process from the United app located on your watch face (do not start from within the United app). You will then be given the correct prompts to finish the setup process. 

Also, make sure that United's app is up to date. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do any of those new suggestions make sense to you? Fitbit is really
grabbing at straws. Are they going to fix this or just keep making stuff
up to distract everyone?

If the Fitbit app is logging into your United account, who cares if it's on
the same network as the United app. It's not necessary to have the United
app open to sync this data (at least it wasn't before and it doesn't make
it work now, I tried it for giggles) In most cases, both the United app and
Fitbit app are on the same smart phone or tablet so they have to be on the
same network anyway.

Bluetooth has to be on to sync. If it's off you get a different error
message.

You can't set up anything from the clock face, it's all done in the United
app from the Fitbit app "App Store". There's clearly something wrong with
the connectivity of this FItbit app.

United updated their app 11/30/18 (at least on my iPhone) - Fitbit hasn't
updated their United app since 2/28/2018 (which is probably the original
release) and has been giving the same useless troubleshooting advice for 6
months.
Best Answer

Hey there Fitbit,

Thanks for wasting all of our time with a meaningless update with the same incoherent suggestions.

Here’s a suggestion for you - please upload a current video wherein you demonstrate the United App successfully working to prove to us that you have done the proper due diligence before you suggest / blame another of your customers for doing something incorrectly. Please include in the video a copy of the front page of a major US newspaper, so we know it’s real.

Stop wasting our time and get someone to debug and fix the app.

Best Answer

It doesn't work.

Unfortunately

Best Answer

I'm unsubscribing to this worthless thread.

Fitbit - hope your corporate guys are monitoring these, coz it's driving people to Garmin.

Somebody wake me up when this is fixed.

Best Answer

I am with you!!!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the United Airlines App for Fitbit watches. 

I wanted to jump in this thread to let you know that our team is currently working on this. All of your reports are taken seriously so we can better your experience. Rest assured that once I have any updates about this; will let you know.

Thanks for your reports, feedback, and patience.

I'll keep you posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fly tomorrow morning and this app doesn't work. Pure garbage and very disappointing. 

Best Answer

When I log onto united from my fitbit app, I get the message to check my mileage plus number and password...I have entered it numerous times, and it is correct, but I cant log in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SleepTracking @marilync1st Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that the United Airlines app is not working properly for you. 

Please feel free to update your watch to the latest OS 3.0, version 27.33.1.30.

Also, please check if the United Airlines app have any updates available and download. You could also just plug in your watch to its charging cable and Wi-Fi and they should update automatically, but to make sure check the Settings of the app shown on the link shared.

Something else you can do if this doesn't work is performing a restart while your watch is plugged in to the charging cable and connected to Wi-Fi.

Try all of the above and the app should start working correctly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The basic troubleshooting stuff hasn’t worked for the past 6 months and there hasn’t been an update to the United app in that time either. So nothing helpful there.

The firmware update has not resolved the issue either. The app still won’t connect to United and show flights. I still get the same message that there are no flights even though I have 3 upcoming flights booked.

Best Answer

Yep- I've already done all of these things.

Believe me- this was a last resort.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did every possible thing! Still does not show flights

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let us know when you or United have fixed the app, have updated and
tested your code. Don’t keep saying the same things for us to try.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mhouse @SleepTracking @nycwalker @flyinggarbanzos Thank you all for your replies and for sharing the results after updating the new OS 3.0 and trying the troubleshooting steps. It's unfortunate to read that you keep experiencing the same.

I will send your reports to our team and will get back to you once I have more information about this.

Thanks for your patience. Happy Holidays! 

Best Answer

This thread has been an entertaining read. Needless to say, the app still isn’t working.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem for months.  Please let me know when Fitbit fixes this problem.  Otherwise, the Fitbit watch is useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes