Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United App is not updating my flight or boarding information

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installed the united app and logged in but I am unable to get my flight info or bording passes. Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

@flyinggarbanzos Thanks for confirming. Glad to hear that the app is back up and running. I also appreciate the feedback in regard to flight dates. I will be sure to forward this feedback to our team.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

My Ionic connects to United now, however, it's not showing my boarding pass for tomorrow's flight.  I have three flights and it's showing only the status of third flight which is 3 weeks from now.  

Do I need to do something on my United site?
Else this fix is incomplete and the app is still not usable.

Thanks
Jay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JayK17! I'm glad to hear that your Ionic connects to the United app now. 

As mentioned in a previous post, the Fitbit app needs to be running in the background while using the United app, otherwise, you may see the ‘not connected’ message. Additionally, flight statuses will appear when your reservation is within 36 hours of departure.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still have the same issue. Deleted, reinstall no flights ever found. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Mgk12! Thanks for deleting and reinstalling the app to solve the issue with the flights not syncing. 

Please make sure that the Fitbit app is running in the background while using the United app, otherwise, you may see the ‘not connected’ message. Additionally, flight statuses will appear when your reservation is within 36 hours of departure.

Let me know if you have any questions present, I'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new versa. So excited to see a united app, but it does not work. When I click on the app I get a not connected message followed by a couldn't find any flights message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my watch. I believe I have it connected correctly through wifi, but can find no option in the dashboard to check. Now what? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Ionic. I cant get any United flight information on the Ionic. "Couldn't find any flights' is all I get. I have three up coming flights, with one of them being in less than 36 hours. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the United app, but it doesn't seem to help. The fitbit app is open on my phone. My Ionic is connected to wifi. My ionic, my phone and I are all next to the router in my house for an excellent signal. Any suggestions? Is there anything I have to do on the United Airlines app? 

Best Answer

10 days and no response from Fitbit. 

The United app simply doesn’t work. Are you planning on fixing this? Everyone post in this group, going back a year and a half keeps telling you the same thing.  And yet, you are still advertising that the United app works! 

If it’s just my Ionic that isn't working, reach out to me and tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Starbucks app app works everyday. It’s awesome. The United app has never worked for me, not once. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It actually worked for abut 3 months.  Not sure whether United or Fitbit did something/updated, but Fitbit definitely doesn't keep up with their apps.  Last time it took 6+ months to get this fixed so plan on using your phone for your boarding passes.....

Best Answer

I have tried all of the steps including uninstall and reinstall. I am running 1.0.5 on the watch. I also  of the updatedbthe Fitbit app in the play store. Most of the times, I get the red not connected message. Sometimes I get the blue couldn't find any flights. Any thoughts?

Best Answer
don't hold your breath for a fix anytime soon, it took > 6 months last
time. it seems like every time United updates their app the Fitbit app
stops working and they waste an incredible amount of time telling everyone
how to 'troubleshoot' the problem. until they have a better work process
or technology to manage their app updates, expect to be disappointed with
reliability/usefulness of key features.
Best Answer

That's because your location is not turned on from your settings. Try checking it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. My location is turned on to “Always” for United and Fitbit apps. So I don’t think it’s that.

I’m hopeful it will work one day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems as others in this blog. The United app says I need to sync or it open and shows no flights. I’m frustrated that this also happens with Uber. This is basically an overpriced Alta because none of the apps actually work. It’s also overcounting my steps. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. I make sure that both Fitbit and United apps are open at the same time. This is my second Ionic and this feature has not worked since I bought the second Ionic several months ago. 

Jeffrey 

Best Answer
Try resting your watch then sync with your app but ensure they both on the same time zone. Also check some tutors on Fitbit Youtube channel 
Best Answer
0 Votes