Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Coach app keeps trying to install

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 keeps trying to install Coach app. I have 4 times factory reset the watch, uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app and set up the watch as a new device. It is still trying to install the Coach App. Any ideas?

Best Answer
235 REPLIES 235

Still going on my app. Several notifications a day. Maybe soon it will be gone off mine. Really wish I hadn’t bought premium 

Best Answer

Confirming, Pixel 2 here. Coach no longer appears in app, not trying to update. Didn't do any factory resetting or anything, just stopped today. Hope it does the same for others soon.

I'm thrilled the problem is (seemingly) resolved for me, but the fact that there was no formal communication about this being the real resolution is just ridiculously obnoxious. Two months, radio silence from Fitbit, unless you count the posts here from other frustrated users who talked directly to support and relayed messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There 

Coach app is still trying to download/install not resolved for me. 

Why ? 

COME ON FITBIT STOP THE INSTALLATION OF THE COACH APP FOR ALL ---PLEASE  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, coach is still trying to do its thing even after a firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did restart my iPhone yesterday. Try that? Otherwise, perhaps they’re decommissioning the Coach app in phases? Just a thought. 

iPhone 12mini/current version iOS. Fitbit Versa 3 and Apple Watch SE.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarted. Reinstalled the fitbit app. Nothing 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not on mine ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And mine ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if there was a push for iPhone users first and android is to follow 🤔

Best Answer

FINALLY!!!!! I just got a firmware update for the the Versa 3 and it finally, finally, finally fixed the Coach App install, it is now gone. The version I have is 128.5.49. Fingers crossed to you all that you too get the update and it sorts the problem out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No mine is iPhone and had issue since last update

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Ch, are you iPhone or android?

I got the firmware update also and still have the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to go in and amend the post, I have an iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. It seems iPhone users are fixed.

Us on android have to wait a little longer 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got an iPhone and it hasn’t been resolved. However I’m on 128.5.38 still so hoping the firmware update solves this. 

Absolutely appalling behaviour from fitbit though. No communication, no transparency throughout. I’m sure we’ll all remember how difficult this was. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not got yet

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have iPhone 11 this update has not resolved issue for me, is there anything else you had to do? Have deleted app and reinstalled but coach app still trying to install.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner: We don't know. It seems many android users and some iphone users still suffer from the Coach app trying to update constantly. It did resolve for me recently (not sure which day, exactly) and I use an Iphone 12 mini. I'm hoping Fitbit staff will answer this thread soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for reply, I am hoping it eventually deletes itself now that I have updated. Fitbit support have been non-existent. I can’t understand why it has taken them so long especially with so many users waiting for a response. Sorry but Apple Watch for me come Christmas 🎄.

Sent using the mail.com mail app
Best Answer

I understand the frustration and I share it. But, in my opinion, Apple watch does not compare when it comes to sleep tracking. Since that's one of the main things I have this watch for, this is a non starter. But, in any case, I hope Fitbit repairs the Coach thing for everyone, soon!

Best Answer