Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Log feature can't connect to my Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone else had problems with Water Logged on their Ionic or Versa this month? Mine can't ever seem to connect.Curious if I'm the only one having this problem.

I know fitbit switched from OAuth1 to OAuth2 this month so that may be the issue so I've submitted an issue to the developers github about it in hopes of getting it looked at.

https://github.com/tylerl0706/Water-Logged/issues/5

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hey there @aharvey0812, it's nice to see you around the forums! With third party apps specifically for water intake, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app so in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

If you keep experiencing the same, I recommend contacting the developers of this app to check if they have any advice regarding this situation. To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Rest assure we are working to deliver better options to our users, so once again thank you for your feedback as this help us to continue our work.

See you later and stay awesome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if all the third party apps are doing the same thing and will not log on.  I can't get any of them to log on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Lony. Welcome to the Community Forums! If you're having issues with Third-Party Apps I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Also, as I've mentioned above, you can check in the "App Details" if you can get in touch with the developer of the app to get more detailed information about its functionality.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jpmaxwell I hope you're doing well! Thanks for also reporting this situation as well! 

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? That should help out with this.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had issues with the Water Logged app since I installed it.  The author of the Water Logged app blames Fitbit for the issues; (kind of like politics, huh?). Anyway, it worked then it didn't, etc, etc.  I just finally got tired of the app and uninstalled.

DCH...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DCH1 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with the Water Logged App. Thanks for sharing the information the developer provided to you and all the details.

In this case, I'd recommend using another similar app called "Ionic Water". It is available for Versa as well and it should help you out with your water logging needs.

Give that one a try and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues as everyone in this thread... None of the 3rd party "water log" apps are working @SantiR .

I'm using the Ionic - the issue occurs when i go to the app's settings and it asks me to login to my Fitbit account so that the sync can occur. I enter my correct login credentials, and i get an error (see screenshot below).

Any suggestions on how to overcome this? I emailed support @ fitbit.com and they brushed it off and said to contact the app developers... but this seems more like an issue with Fitbit. Isn't it time to implement an official & stable solution instead of relying on 3rd party developers to implement what should be standard?

IMG_0650.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kostax I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those details regarding the usage of these water logging apps. Thanks for sharing that screen shot and for contacting customer support regarding this. 

Have you tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them? That usually solved this.

If that doesn't work, the best thing to do; as customer support informed, is to contact the developers of these apps. If they don't have any contact information available please try the steps on this post.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR wrote: 

Have you tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them? That usually solved this.

This hasn't worked for me. However, I think I have pinpointed the issue. The problem seems to be with Safari (Apple's default web browser).

I’m able to log in to the Fitbit dashboard using Google Chrome on my iPhone SE just fine, but i always get the error when trying to log in using Apple’s Safari (Apple’s default web browser).

All the “water tracking” apps seem to use the iPhone’s default web browser during the authentication step, so unfortunately it forces me to use Safari. Can you check to see if there are any issues on your end with Safari? I'm currently on iOS 12.0.1, but am going to install the most recent iOS 12.1 update and see if that also updates the Safari web browser to a newer version.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for sharing those details @kostax. We haven't received any reports between Safi and the Fitbit.com Dashboard. 

However, I was wondering if after updating to OS 12.0.1 the issue was solved?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

I was wondering if after updating to OS 12.0.1 the issue was solved?

Sadly, the error still displays after updating my iPhone SE to iOS 12.1 (I made sure to clear Safari's cache, cookies, history, etc. prior to testing again). I will try to borrow a friend's iPhone and attempt to log in to the Fitbit.com dashboard using Safari on their phone. If the error still occurs, it's probably a bug that Fitbit needs to fix. I'll report back - thank you for following up with me. I'd love to be able to log my daily water consumption directly from the Ionic!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @kostax! Please try with a friend's iPhone and let me know if the issue persists. I just tried with mine and it did work just fine. 

Also, I'd recommend clearing cookies and cache on your iOS:

1. From the home screen, tap the Settings button. (+)
  2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap the Safari button. (+)
  3. Under the 'Privacy' section of the Safari screen, tap the button labeled Clear Cookies and Data. (+)
  4. On the confirmation screen, tap Clear Cookies and Data. (+)

Hope to hear good news! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Please try with a friend's iPhone and let me know if the issue persists. I just tried with mine and it did work just fine. Hope to hear good news! 

Good news indeed Smiley Happy I tried logging in to the Fitbit dashboard using a friend's iPhone with Safari and it worked on the first try. I compared his Safari's settings and noticed one difference - he allowed cookies, and I didn't. Once I enabled cookies, I was able to log in successfully.

I'm finally able log water on my ionic and have it sync with my account. "Water Logged" is the only app that works for me, and it works great. The apps that don't work for me are: "Ionic Water" & "Hydrate".

Thank you for your guidance @MarreFitbit, I hope that the app continues to work, and that Fitbit develops their own reliable solution in the future as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @kostax! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to figure out where the issue was coming from. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes