Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app issue with new firmware release

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the new firmware release the weather app isn't working properly for me - namely an issue with the 'current location'. If this is the same location as one of the listed cities (ie, having your home location set up at as a listed city, and you're at home), it will delete the city from the app. When you're in a different location that city is then gone, and you have to re-add it to the app. 

Didn't have the issue before the firmware update. Only workaround (without having to constantly re-add locations) that I can see is to remove 'current location' - which seems a bit of a shame!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

The new firmware update (pushed out Dec 5, maybe earlier) may fix this issue. Since installing it on my Ionic the weather app works as one would expect - no manual syncing from the phone.  

Hopefully the update will also fix some other, far more vexing, problems.

my version is now: 27.31.1.16

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, Fitbit has already lost me. I reached out and was patient
for over 2 months. I had such high hopes. Best of luck. Lonvingly, Sunshine
--
Sara et Simon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok.....so unfortunately that didn't work.....it appears even when deleting 'current location', you can't add the city of the location you are currently in!  

So....next question - does anyone know how I can re-add 'current location' to the weather app?!!

Best Answer

I don't know how to change it back but after a changed it to my actual city, it took about a day to start working.  Maybe give it more time?

Samsung S8 Plus with Android 7.0, Ionic (27.32.10.20)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply....unfortunately I can't get the city I'm in to 'stay' on the list of the added cities - it just disappears within a couple of seconds of adding it.  It was all working fine prior to the latest firmware update, so something in there has upset it.....

Best Answer

@Romengaccord This thread may or may not be useful

How-to-get-the-Weather-app-to-sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for the reply - it's not a syncing issue that I have - it's the ability to add certain cities - namely the city that I'm in at the time of trying to add it.  I've also lost 'current location' from the top of the list, and I can't find a way of re-adding it.  (according to the details on the app you can't delete 'current location' - however I've managed to!).

Best Answer

I have a problem with the weather up since the last update - that I can't add the location that I'm currently in.  I've written to support, but they're blaming it on my phone, even though it was absolutely fine prior to the firmware update.  Find this kind of dismissive attitude really difficult when I've invested in 4 fitbits!  Here was my message to support (I've also started a thread on the Forum).

Since the Firmware Update on Tuesday the weather app no longer works properly for me - it worked fine before the firmware update.
I can only add 'cities' to the list that I'm not physically 'in' - ie, if I'm at work, I can't 'add' the city I work in; it auto-deletes from the list just a couple of seconds after I add it.  I've also found that whilst I had my home 'city' added (whilst I was at work), it auto-deleted when I was at home!
To try to resolve the issue I have deleted 'current location' from the list (as I wondered whether the 'clash' between this and the city name was causing the issue), however this has not resolved it.  I also can no longer find a way of re-adding 'current location' to the list - are you able to inform me how I do this?  Within the app information it says that you can't delete the 'current location' - which I was able to do.
I can't un-install the weather app, as there is not this option on the app.  I have tried signing out of the fitbit app, clearing the cache on the app etc., and re-starting the ionic, however nothing is resolving the issue.  It appears that this is a problem with the app as opposed to the ionic software.
I have posted this on the forum as well - as of yet no answers.
Any help would be gratefully received - as this was a really useful app to use, however it's fairly pointless now unfortunately.  
Best Answer

So the latest (fitbit) app update hasn't done anything to improve this!  Please can you look at this issue Fitbit....I've written to support, but it was just dismissed (as, unfortunately, is often the case).  I've now added 'nearby' places to the places I actually want - so that they don't auto-delete when I'm in those locations!  This is so silly - surely you should be able to fix this relatively easily?!  It worked perfectly prior to the last firmware update.

Best Answer

Interesting - I just checked this - I had added my home city to the weather app before the update.  I am now in a different city, and that's what displays on the watch.  Almost like it doesn't matter what cities are set, it only shows the city you're in.

Samsung S8 Plus with Android 7.0, Ionic (27.32.10.20)
Best Answer

What I don't understand with the weather app is why do we need to open our phone and sync to view latest weather conditions on the ionic? Why have the app if we have to use our phone each time we want view the latest weather.

Best Answer

This still isn't resolved - please Fitbit, can you tell us if you're at least looking into this issue?!

Best Answer

FYI, I used my son's Galaxy 8 phone to set 2 locations on the Ionic. The 2 locations are still on it but weather info only lasted 12 hours?

Location services appear not to acknowledge the Ionic at least it's not listed as requesting my location (Droid turbo).

Best Answer

Having the same problems 😞 

Best Answer

This is still not working properly.

When I initially reported it to support, I was told that it was because my phone (Sony Xperia 5) wasn't compatible.  I know have a Samsung S8, and it's still not working!  This is a bug that only showed up since the last firmware update.  

Please get it sorted out - the weather app is basically useless as it is!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I may be a bit late with this advice but I had the same problem with the current location on my Ionic weather app and also tried deleting it. I got current location back by deleting the fit bit app and reinstalling it. Still had the problem of being unable to add my city. Just done the June update but don't know if  Fitbit has improved the weather app. They don't explain their fixes anywhere I can find.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip. Gave it shot, did not fix the problem. My wife has the versa and there are no issues with the weather app. Just with Fitbit would give us the option to delete the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry it didn't work. When I deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app I got the weather app back in original condition with 'current location' but the problem of losing a city still occurs. Been good for a day or two now though. I'm using an Ionic. Working on the next couple of issues now!

🚴 Sent from my pedal wireless :globe_with_meridians:
Best Answer
0 Votes