Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app not showing 3 locations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Here is a bug report for the Fitbit "Weather" app.

To describe the problem, I need to reference three cities.

CityF: I live here.

CityL: I work here.

CityS: I am not here, but I would like to be.

When I m at home (in CityF), I configure the Fitbit Weather app to report on three locations:

* Current Location

* CityL

*CityS

Then when I get to work (in CityL), I see that  the Fitbit Weather app is reporting on two locations only:

* Current Location

* CityS

In other words, one location has been lost. When I get home, the situation is the same, so I have to configure the Fitbit Weather app again. That is the bug: CityL is lost from the Fitbit Weather app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The response from @MarreFitbit is not relevant to this issue.

I have supplied enough info on this problem for Fitbit QA staffers to triage this issue and get it fixed. In my opinion, this would be a good issue to address. I would expect that there is an easy fix.

I like the Fitbit Weather app. I would like to use it first thing in the morning to see what the weather will be like at my job site -- before I get dressed. I can only hope that the right pair of eyes sees my post.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further help! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarreFitbit,

I forgot to mention, my Fitbit watch is a Versa.

Would you please share my post with the developers. This is a software bug and it would probably be quite simple to fix.

Thank you!

D.A.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner! Thank you for the thorough feedback, this has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If you're still having trouble with your Weather app, please follow the tips and recommendations I've shared in my post above.

If there's any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The response from @MarreFitbit is not relevant to this issue.

I have supplied enough info on this problem for Fitbit QA staffers to triage this issue and get it fixed. In my opinion, this would be a good issue to address. I would expect that there is an easy fix.

I like the Fitbit Weather app. I would like to use it first thing in the morning to see what the weather will be like at my job site -- before I get dressed. I can only hope that the right pair of eyes sees my post.

Best Answer
0 Votes