Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My weather app on my ionic is not updating it says to sync with the Fitbit app to update and show the weather, but even though I sync my Fitbit it still shows the same message on my ionic, I had this issue a few days ago and I reset everything completely but I don't want to do that every time, is anyone else having this problem? Maybe Fitbit needs to update their software or something 

Moderator Edit: Format & added label

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! What kind/model of mobile device are you using? What kind of reset did you performed? 

By any chance, do you have location services turned on on the Fitbit App? It needs to be on in order for the weather app to work properly. Also, make sure you have All-Day Sync turned on on the App as well. Check this helpful article for more details.

Also, try performing a restart on your Ionic. That should help out as well.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have a htc u11 life from t-mobile operating system Oreo 8.0, it is working again after I had reinstalled it yesterday, otherwise I made sure that it is on sync always and location is on as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for the information! I'm glad to hear that it is working properly now. Hopefully, what you did will be helpful for other users as well. 

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Let me know if you happen to experience this once again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other day Fitbit updated the app for Android devices running Oreo 8.0 and up to fix syncing problems and that has resolved the problem as far as I can tell I don't know about anyone else 

Best Answer

I also have this problem, the weather app hasn't synced for well over a week now. The Ionic syncs to my phone (Windows Phone) with no problems in any other respect and is otherwise working well. I have restarted the Ionic several times but it's made no difference. The weather app simply displays the "Sync the Fitbit app to update" message.

I don't want to do a factory reset for something this trivial but any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Best Answer

It may be possible that Fitbit needs to update the app for the windows version and hopefully that will do it since the android update did, the only other thing I would try is uninstall the app after you clear the cache for Fitbit app and then reinstall it that's what I did before the update which just came around the other day 😕I hope this helps you 

Best Answer

I think you may be right about the app update, I've been looking out for an update in the app store. I'll try clearing the data cache.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting that information. I'm glad to hear that the update fixed this. I'm sure your experience will help other users as well.

@NeilG66 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps in order to fix this. 

What model of Windows Phone do you have? 

Also, updates for the Fitbit App always help to improve their functionality, so you may be right about that. I'm sure an update will be out soon.

Let me know how it goes after clearing the data cache! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was having the same issue. But realized you have to have the location  setting turned on your phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

worked for me.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I also have this problem on my ionic. About every other day when I try to check the weather it comes up blank. Sometimes I go to settings, Bluetooth, turn it off, turn it back on, and then try it again and after syncing it works. Sometimes that doesn’t do any good and so I delete the app entirely, reinstall the app, turn off the Bluetooth, turn it on, login with my password, go to my apps, find the weather, input my city name, and sync.  This time THAT worked.

It’s really annoying and time-consuming to have to go through all of that to get the information that should come from a swipe and click. But, I suppose if you want convenience and speed, you have to be willing to sacrifice all of your time and perform randomly different sequences of steps to get it!  so any idea when this problem will be fixed or do I add this to my list of things that simply don’t work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem done everything possible still no weather app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. My weather is working again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with the Sense. Pretty frustrated with this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got Sense a week ago.

First 3 days worked fine.

Then, yesterday, no Sleep Data. Heart Rate and Steps are fine. On Spectrum Screen

Went through the whole Restart business, Voila: Data is back.

This AM, no Weather Data, No Sleep Data. Went through the Restart Business maybe 3 times.

Voila, Spectrum Screen is Normal. STILL NO Weather Data

As well, Syncing watch and phone does not work, WiFi connection lasts about 12 seconds. 2 Different WiFi Connections.

Haven't had WiFi issues with 2xiPad, 2xiPhone, 2xComputer, for 10 years or more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, lo and behold:

In desperation, can't even delete and reinstall the app, I changed the temp from *F to *C

WELL, data works again on the watch. How stupid is that......

Can still not keep WiFi connected, Checking clients on my router, Sense is there. 10 Seconds after

leaving the "Connect" page on the phone/Fitbit App, Sense disappears.

Certainly hope someone is checking this forum and taking action.

Best Answer
0 Votes