Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app on Fitbit ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I’ve had my ionic about two weeks and I love it! But this morning it’s telling me to go to a website and enter a code to keep using my “big weather” app so I did now it’s asking me to pay! I’m not paying to get weather on my watch lol how do I get rid of the app? I tried removing it the way I removed my Starbucks app but there’s no remove button. And it won’t let me use my watch till I set up pay for my weather app. Help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community!

Replacing your watch face is easy.  Just go to the "Watch Faces" section on your App (under the settings for the Ionic) and choose any new watch face you want.  Once it downloads, the face on the watch with change and you will no longer have the Big Weather one.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@SunsetRunner, on your Fitbit app Ionic Device screen -> Apps -> My Apps,  when you select that app, does it not have an Uninstall button/link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community!

Replacing your watch face is easy.  Just go to the "Watch Faces" section on your App (under the settings for the Ionic) and choose any new watch face you want.  Once it downloads, the face on the watch with change and you will no longer have the Big Weather one.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

delete....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that it's only 99 cents, but do not buy that watchface.  My wife got it and the weather never works on it.  It's a total waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue as its asking me to pay for the Big Weather app. How do I remove this notification?

Best Answer
You have to change your clock face. That face isn't free. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

It is a shame that we are not notified from the onset of selecting these apps that there will be a fee in the future. 

Fitbit needs to have their store set up more like Google Play and iTunes, where they show free and the pay for apps.  

I fell for the cool watch face app as well and really enjoy the adaptability of the app.  I too got frustrated when this msg began popping up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like Fitbit is heading down a slippery slope with the Ionic..... it isn't even dialed in and meeting sales expectations yet, and they're already allowing vendors with sketchy sales tactics in 😱

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a third party watch face.  The only control that Fitbit could exercise over that is to just not allow third party developers to sell on the Fitbit platform.  If they did that, then not as many people would develop for them.  Not all developers want to work for free.  They probably want lots of apps and watch faces, and not permitting sales would stifle that and then people would be complaining that there isn't enough available for Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks- this worked for me..  was getting ready to throw this fitbit out the windown

Best Answer
0 Votes

I paid for the big weather app & I loved it. I bought a new phone and after a week or so it ask for a code and wanted me to pay again. Now it don’t even show as a available app. What’s up with this. maggiesue244@gmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes