Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

Outdated answer. No longer works.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. It started when my previous Versa 3 became defective after one year two months. The weather app always showed Fahrenheit before. It’s correct on the app. I now have a brand-new Sense doing the same thing. It makes the app worthless if I have to go to my phone & convert. 

Best Answer
Open up your app and make sure you’re on “today” tab on the bottom.
Touch your profile picture
Click Sense
Click apps
Click the search (magnifying glass) on top
Click weather
Click weather again
Click settings
This should take you to temperature unit
Tap unit and click Fahrenheit then done
Hopefully that helps

--
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your
paths. (Prov 3.5-6)
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @kithurston  - the correct procedure for changing is given here -How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Sense 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kithurston-  also your watch has to be syncing correctly with the Fitbit App in order to pick up the temperature unit change and new weather information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work   Still stuck on celcius

Best Answer

Hi @SueMagoo  - as mentioned in the link, if you are using weather in a clock face, then it has to be set by the clock face.

Otherwise make sure you changed temperature in both places.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So change clock faces?--
Sasibille@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SueMagoo  - your clock face may have its own settings where you change it, if it is showing directly on the face.

When you swipe up to see weather is it correct?

Please edit (with the 3 dots) your previous post and remove your email address as this is a public forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you update this fix? Versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

My Fitbit sense weather app is stuck on Celsius. When I go to settings in units everything is set properly and Fahrenheit is checked. I tried switching back and forth then back to F, but it is still showing temp in C. I also tried hard rebooting. Nothing seems to do the trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and mine is staying in Celsius.  Need Fahrenheit

Best Answer

@Babshob @marizach73  see all instructions in How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not any of the times I did this did it stay on Fahrenheit. I’m so unhappy with the Fitbit. If it weren’t for All Of Us, I would give my Versa 3 but I wouldn’t wish this on them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was incredibly frustrating because for some reason they made it incredibly counterintuitive and difficult to find. 

• First, open the today tab on the fitbit app on your phone, and then go the settings button on the top left.

• Click on the device, for me it's a Sense. 

• When you're in there go to the "Gallery" button (for some reason they put this in there?!). 

• At the top of that screen is this set of three options, you want to select the one that says "Apps" - it was on the right side of my menu. 

• Once you make it in there, you have friggen run a search with the little spy glass button, it was at the top right on my app. 

• When I clicked that, "Weather" was the second auto filled search on the list so I didn't even have to type it, although I would assume you could.

• Then I clicked the "Weather" app link. It gave me two options...

• I clicked the "Settings" button.

And that was where I was able to change it to Fahrenheit and finally have the weather app tell me what the temperature is in increments that I know.  This was a huge pain and I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to put there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner- there's a little known shortcut

• Pull down to refresh the today view in recent Fitbit app versions
  • quickly click on battery - top right
  • click on Gallery
  • scroll down and click on Weather to make changes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried many suggestions to fix my Fitbit and my Weather app is still stuck in Celsius since the latest software update a week or so ago. The Fitbit app on my Android says that it is in Fahrenheit mode but when I open the Weather app the information is in Celsius. When I open the account information on my phone and go to "App Settings" under "Units", it says Fahrenheit . I have done many "Syncs", rebooted my Fitbit and uninstalled and reinstalled the software on my phone to no avail. I feel like throwing the watch across the room I am so frustrated. I have had this watch since Christmas 2021 and I have had nothing but trouble with the software. I would not recommend that anyone get this watch. Current version of software installed is 44.128.6.17

David G Smith

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BadDogDGS - this might help explain it How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Sense 

Best Answer