Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't update on my Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought a Versa 3 and am struggling to use the Weather App

When I click on the App, I get “No weather data available, Sync the Fitbit mobile app to update”

Any help appreciated

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Weather app stopped working. Unable to turn location services on.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Ricardo999 @Sympatico. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details shared in your posts.

Have you checked if your Versa 3 is syncing properly to your Fitbit account?  To make sure your watch has recently synced, go to your Fitbit account, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.

Note that you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time.

With the above being said, if the weather is still not updating, check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sympatico since Android phones are the most popular phone in the world, I'm going to assume that you also have an Android phone. 

To turn on location services. On the phone screen a two finger, from the top, swipe down and tap the location icon. 

Screenshot_20210731-084820_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
I luv you! It totally worked. LOL

Had to change location to always on instead of just when using app. Thanks
so very much!

Sympatico
Best Answer

@Sympatico glad you are up.

note when location is set to only using the app. 

Location will only be turned on when the app is on the foreground. Part of the fitbit app starts running as soon as the phone is started and this part needs access to location. How else will it know where your location is? 

Best Answer