Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't update on my Versa Lite

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t have the location turned on with my iPad and I could get the weather to work on my versa lite without it. I had the Fitbit app on my smart phone but I uninstalled it and I put my back on my iPad.Now when I go to weather in gallery it’s saying I need the location switched on

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I’m happy that worked for you @barrypearson695 😃 Please consider marking my instructions above as best answer. Doing so helps others looking for solutions to questions similar to the one you were experiencing. I’d really appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful evening and as always Happy Stepping! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @barrypearson695 

It helps to have your Fitbit App location set to Allow All The Time and not Allow only when using. To check your location settings for the Fitbit App follow these steps: 

1. Tap the settings on your Android phone

2. Scroll down and tap Location 

3. Tap App Permissions 

4. Scroll down an tap Fitbit

5. Enable Allow all the time

6. Sync your Versa Lite to accept the changes

😃 I hope this helps and answers your question. Please let me know how it goes 

Best Answer

Hi there, @barrypearson695. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with the weather app. @SunsetRunner Thanks for your help!

If the weather is still not updating after syncing, check the following settings:

• Location services must be turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app. If you're running into syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

By the way, I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery board for organization purposes.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the location settings on my Android phone turned to on all the time and my still won’t sync. I’m getting Stony Plain — C

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @MarreFitbit 

When I say location turned to Always on I’m speaking about the location permissions within the Fitbit App. You can find that settings using the path I described in my previous post. 

you said your getting “Stony Plain — C”….I’m unsure of what that means. Please clarify. 

Best Answer
I do have the permissions to always on. By —C I mean the temperature is blank.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @barrypearson695 

Let’s  look at one more setting. Open the Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down to and tap Versa lite. Next tap Gallery then scroll down and tap weather. First tap permissions and ensure Internet, location and run in the background. Go back to the previous page then tap settings. Ensure your unit is correct. Once you are finished make sure you sync your Versa Lite to accept any changes you might have made. 

Best Answer
Ah. Got it now. Thanks. I didn’t have the weather location on in gallery 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer

I’m happy that worked for you @barrypearson695 😃 Please consider marking my instructions above as best answer. Doing so helps others looking for solutions to questions similar to the one you were experiencing. I’d really appreciate it. I hope you have a wonderful evening and as always Happy Stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes